Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Industry Options

as350

It's truly a shame, the lack of respect shown sometimes for others around here. Seems like a few are constantly trying to put people on the major defensive...always poking and prodding for a reaction, good or bad...acting as jury, judge and executioner. Shame on you. Walk a mile (or 100) in the shoes of others or just shut up. It ruins the Forum. <_< *hmph* Of diplomacy, you know n-a-d-a. Here's to 2008; a fresh start. Be it ever so humble. ;)

It has been mentioned on another thread :rolleyes: , that it turned into a HAC versus HEPAC slugfest??? Nothing could be further from the truth......all I could interpret, are individuals with vastly different opinions :shock:

Each and all are entitled.....HEPAC,s stance is very clear, we will be working with the HAC and its members (some of which have already committed to join), very closely.

as350 headlined this thread "industry options".....actually a good point, why should our industry not have any? If operators do not want to be part of the HAC, then they have that option. The same will be for flight crews, you have an option to be part of HEPAC, or they do not.

Fairly easy in my books, but for some, they seem to feel threatened by this.....to the point of criticizing and taking cheap shots to make a point.....at which of course, will have the same responce back.

HEPAC is strictly about "helping develope" lessor experienced flight crews in our industry. We are working in obtaining funding from the government for that.....with out an official organized association that would not be available. That allocated money will be used to help with training and upgrading the younger/newer generation of engineers and pilots........how on earth can any of you be critical of that???

Scholarships, training, mentorship programs, information library, etc, etc.......these are the foundation of HEPAC......some here, think we are here only to speak for them......not on your life, unless a member has a problem, then we may be able to assist or mediate.

I made the unfortunate mistake, of being passionate enough about what we are trying to do with HEPAC, that I was drawn into bickering arguements with some individuals here that made little sense........for the sarcastic retorts, I apologized.......but I will not apologize for defending HEPAC's position.

Our membership is growing at a good rate, it is showing that a large part of our industry see's merit in what we are trying to build.........for those that can not understand or do not want to be part, continue on with your life as is...........but I can assure you, HEPAC is here to stay.

All of you out there have an awesome day.....I am parking this laptop and going golfing, the sun is shining bright here in Tucson. :P

Transquebecneice....

You KNOW the door swings both ways....you know it does, alot of us know it does. Do not try and spin this to a one sided deal. Both sides of the fence are guilty of lack of respect. If you don't see it, you can kindly open your eyes.

obody is going to fault you Mr. hellilog56 because of your stance on issues. But you are not quite right about the direction of said objectives, and that is what the debate has been about. When TQN has the all answers we wont need this forum?

Well, MisterTwistedSpur (ha!)...of course the door swings both ways and just for the record, I've had no use for rose-coloUred glasses for quite some time. As for you, Mr. AS350WhomI'veLockedHornsBeforeWith (yes, I remember!), I will never have all the answers, but when I do...you'll be the first to know! :punk:

I already regret my post, but time ran out to edit it. I KNOW better than to give voice here to my bellyful. :rolleyes: It's not very "diplomatic" of me and I apologize to all Forum members.

Let's just say that I have great respect for two highly targeted Forum members (yes, Blackmac Don and Mr. Jenner)---not only for their HEPAC and HAC endeavors, respectively, but for their career achievements and the basic fact that they're just plain 'ol nice human beings.

I was always taught that if someone does you personal harm, take it up with that person directly. It's too easy to smacktalk anonymously in a virtual, public forum; takes bigger cahones to do so in person or in private, despite the fact it might be far more effective.

Sadly, I've seen some really terrific people leave VerticalMag's forums over this stuff the past few years. Good people. Honest, hardworking, forthright people. People just like you. People who have so much good to give here and in your industry. But they leave because who the hey has the time for such button-pushing nonsense?

Far more than anyone wants/needs to know, I'm certain. Just basically wanted to apologize for my post. I do know better. :) Pinch for me!

Well, MisterTwistedSpur (ha!)...of course the door swings both ways and just for the record, I've had no use for rose-coloUred glasses for quite some time. As for you, Mr. AS350WhomI'veLockedHornsBeforeWith (yes, I remember!), I will never have all the answers, but when I do...you'll be the first to know! :punk:

I already regret my post, but time ran out to edit it. I KNOW better than to give voice here to my bellyful. :rolleyes: It's not very "diplomatic" of me and I apologize to all Forum members.

Let's just say that I have great respect for two highly targeted Forum members (yes, Blackmac Don and Mr. Jenner)---not only for their HEPAC and HAC endeavors, respectively, but for their career achievements and the basic fact that they're just plain 'ol nice human beings.

I was always taught that if someone does you personal harm, take it up with that person directly. It's too easy to smacktalk anonymously in a virtual, public forum; takes bigger cahones to do so in person or in private, despite the fact it might be far more effective.

Sadly, I've seen some really terrific people leave VerticalMag's forums over this stuff the past few years. Good people. Honest, hardworking, forthright people. People just like you. People who have so much good to give here and in your industry. But they leave because who the hey has the time for such button-pushing nonsense?

Far more than anyone wants/needs to know, I'm certain. Just basically wanted to apologize for my post. I do know better. :) Pinch for me!

Well said TQ. There are some who would do well to read the words above.........perhaps twice!

Bravo

WW

"Sadly, I've seen some really terrific people leave VerticalMag's forums over this stuff the past few years. Good people. Honest, hardworking, forthright people. People just like you. People who have so much good to give here and in your industry. But they leave because who the hey has the time for such button-pushing nonsense?"

Well...said TQN, 407 Driver comes to mind...I'm sure he just became tired of the bickering and finger pointing...it was a loss to us as he was always entertaining and full of wisdom as a (very) high time mountain pilot.

what you have here is no different than politics, or the bar, or a poker game at home....you always get people that say "yay" and people that say "nay"....even best of friends disagree at times.

in here you also get the thug mentality, where a group that is pro on one subject gangs up on those who are not. no different that schoolyard bullying. Only different in the fact that we're supposed to be adults and even more unfortunately, some in charge lose sight of fair equal representation from both sides, even when someone is disliked, they still have a view and a voice, that has a right to be heard.

The other difference in here, is that there is alot of anonymity associated with the verbal exchanges. Without it you'll have very little confrontation on topics that hold alot of emotion from both sides. In essence...silence.

Silence does nothing to accomplish goals. Hepac is trying to be that voice...being a voice for the people.

but along with ending the silence, comes the voices of people who don't share the same views....and is that a real problem? no....not in my opinion. I like to hear all sides and make an educated decision on my own.

Clearly I have made my decision based on the past events...so what does one do? Leave me alone and accept the loss...or work harder to show me the grass is in fact greener on the other side?

So far, the grass is dead from what i can see, the seeding and fertilizing isn't working so well, maybe needs more water.