Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Industry Options

as350

what you have here is no different than politics, or the bar, or a poker game at home....you always get people that say "yay" and people that say "nay"....even best of friends disagree at times.

in here you also get the thug mentality, where a group that is pro on one subject gangs up on those who are not. no different that schoolyard bullying. Only different in the fact that we're supposed to be adults and even more unfortunately, some in charge lose sight of fair equal representation from both sides, even when someone is disliked, they still have a view and a voice, that has a right to be heard.

The other difference in here, is that there is alot of anonymity associated with the verbal exchanges. Without it you'll have very little confrontation on topics that hold alot of emotion from both sides. In essence...silence.

Silence does nothing to accomplish goals. Hepac is trying to be that voice...being a voice for the people.

but along with ending the silence, comes the voices of people who don't share the same views....and is that a real problem? no....not in my opinion. I like to hear all sides and make an educated decision on my own.

Clearly I have made my decision based on the past events...so what does one do? Leave me alone and accept the loss...or work harder to show me the grass is in fact greener on the other side?

So far, the grass is dead from what i can see, the seeding and fertilizing isn't working so well, maybe needs more water.

I whole heartedly agree with your position that it is important to hear from all sides. I think the point is however that one can express an opinion and disagree with another without making it personal and insulting. Frankly, much of what I have seen in regards to this thread and others reminds me of a grade eight playground. Informed and intelligent discussion on a wide variety of topics is healthy and important. But to finish what is quite often a well expressed opinion with a personal attack only lessens that person's position.

I find it informative and helpful to read the thoughts and views of those on this site. I just wish some would leave the personal baggage where it belongs.......at the curb.

WW

Twisted Spar,

That was a well written post.

Reading the threads on Vertical Magazine is always influencing my opinion. I like to read everyone's posts, and when names are recognized on posts or thread starts, I immediately take the time to read and understand.

Blacmac, I have offended you and for that I apologize. It was not intended, I am not sure who you recognize as my 'buddy'. I read and make my own decisions about what I post. I have no alias, nor will I.

I try to be fair, and felt that what I was reading was not. You cannot make posts without cross to follow. I accept that and you should as well, in your position especially, of which I am respectful of. When or should I become a member of HEPAC I will hold my opinion and expect to be listened to without injury, and will return the same courtesy and consideration.

I have no problems disclosing who I am to you should you PM me, the only reason I am anonymous on this site, is that when people know who you are, they might not actually think about what you are saying, merely see your name and judge without reading or listening. I have no idea who you are and have no experience of you or your reputation.

When asked for information about myself where there is nothing to profit from, it makes me believe that instead of listening, or considering my point of view, that one is simply looking for cause to injure. If you feel there is nothing to what I say, I may be wrong, but I am not hearing it. If you want simply PM me. Heck, you can phone me if you want to.

I feel that there are inconsistencies in everyone, including myself, that should be addressed, this forum seems an excellent place to try to do that.

Cheers and New Years everyone, s'pecially TQN, fireball.

obody is going to fault you Mr. hellilog56 because of your stance on issues. But you are not quite right about the direction of said objectives, and that is what the debate has been about. When TQN has the all answers we wont need this forum?

as350.......So please tell me, what "facts" do you have to back up your claim? Please feel free to tell me/us, your reliable source of information to disclaim our "said objectives"? And if you prefer not to be public on this forum, you may PM or email me with those facts and/or sources.....I will make a promise here not to disclose those, if you wish.

Please "debate" on,

Thanks

P.S.......an excellent post L.W.

[Few people love healthy, educated and informed debate more than I (ask Jetbox)/quote]

One of these days when I get back in the mood, I'll find something for us to argue about TQN. :lol:

In the meantime, can someone tell me what this thread was about? I didn't get to see the first post and now it's like watching a movie after missing the first 20 min. If you're gonna delete an opening post you might as well delete the whole thread or at least edit the post with an explanation of what it said without the offending remarks.

As far as HEPAC or any other association goes, I don't feel I need one. I've been in the business for almost 20 years and I do what I want, where I want and how I want to do it. No association is going to get me anything that I already don't have or can't get on my own.

However, I still support the idea of HEPAC, from the sidelines if you will. HEPAC doesn't have to be so much a defensive mechanism (protecting employees from crap employers the way unions do etc) as much as a promoting mechanism, i.e. promoting positive industry changes through dialogue between its members and the industry in general.

I have yet to see any evidence to lead me to beleive HEPAC has any other ulterior motives at this point. Not everybody in the industry is in a position like mine and they could probably use some support from HEPAC. I'll go as far as saying that HEPAC, in the format and goal orientation that it has been presented so far, will probably do the industry some good.

Heck, maybe even Blackmac will stop being so crusty and put a smile on his face for a change!!!

Just kidding Blackmac, I haven't taken a shot at anyone in so long, you're just a target of convenience!! :up:

Oh oh!! Here come the moderators!!!