Cougar/vih

I hear that Cougar/VIH are expanding their Int'l operations. 2 61's going to Australia and work in China. Big orders for new a/c. Ok, who has all the latest? Duece, have not seen you on for a while, fill us in on the news.

Yup. big things on the way. VIH is now 49% partner with Chinese company that owns Avion Pacific. EC135's and 145's on order. The little company that could is about to become the big company that did.

Happy New Year to you and your good lady, Outwest and all the best in 08.

Between moving into new digs in December and starting a new job I didn't get out a single card this year.

Thanks Deuce, I also heard that you guys have 10 AW139's on order and 2 more S92's. Any truth to that?

Yep, AW139's, S76's, AS350B3's, Bell 407's, S92's, EC135's, EC145's. Right now we have the newest S92 sitting in Victoria for various mods and such. A few weeks ago we sent the first S61 to Melbourne, and the second will be joining it at some point this year. Definately no shortage of work here. rh350

So when do they come out and say, "Due to increased capital costs, we need to look at overall costs (i.e. wages) and see what can be dictated in that regard, as we have to determine what the industry will be willing to absorb in the way of tariff increases because of the higher costs of operating this new equipment" :lol:

Good to see Canadian companies starting to expand worldwide a lot more, to date it seems its primarily the US based ones that have been doing this.

CHC is the world's largest provider of helicopter services to the global offshore oil and gas industry, with aircraft operating in more than 30 countries worldwide.

And it is Canadian. (That's what the first 'C' used to mean!)