IFR Renewal

Ironman2909

I have to renew my multi-IFR rating before september of this year. It''s the first time and I just want to know what''s in the flight test for the renewal of the rating. I''ve heard it''s one approach and one holding. Is this true?

Any info on this would be appreciated!!!

Thanks for the tip!!! I think on this one I will be more lucky than the first time!

First attempt: Hydraulic failure on the left engine on take-off. So, throttle back, apply full brakes and very happy to have a 11000 fts of runway!!!

Bring back the plane to the hangar and talked with the AME about the little problem whe had on take-off.

Second attempt: Just prior to apply full throttle for take-off, lost hydraulic pressure once again on the left engine. So....abort take-off!!

Bring back the plane to the hangar and stayed 3 hours with the AME who was very surprise that I had the same problem as the first flight.

Third try: Well this one as gone really smooth, without any failure of any kind. The test-pilot as told me that for the failure part of the test I showed him that I was ok on the first two attempts so why bottered do it again simulated. No......just kidding he gave me an engine failure on a NDB approach with about 15 knots of crosswind.

• 2 weeks later...