Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

My 1st A-b Solo In The Beta Ii

zozie

I only wanted to soil(sorry) my pants during takeoff cause I was really surprised how quick it wanted to climb. Then on landing again because it didn't want to come down :shock:

One of the greatest days of my life. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to go again (tomorrow) for a bit longer.

Spent some time hovering adjusting the carb heat (even tho the instructor said always put it down first) and the cockpit heat. Flying around was pretty uneventfull tho. Flew from Bolton to Tottenham, few circuits and back. I was kinda freaked out at landing because the wind sock got blown off from the hangar so I had to fly by Wal Mart aerospace where they got a giant flag :mellow:

I wasn't too happy about landing from the East because of the wires and the cell phone tower but I feel it all went really well.

Let me know what you think of the short vid my instructor made :punk:

The 206 was just departing before me

Congratulations on your first solo Zozie! Hopefully the winter weather helped to minimize the sweaty hands! :P

LOL

not at all..... I still needed a chisel to remove my nails from the grip :blink:

Nahh it wasn't too bad. Like I said, in hover and beginning of the takeoff I felt shakey but once at 1500 75, I was having a blast. But of course I'm not telling anyone that I actually held the cyclic with my keft hand :unsure: for a few seconds cause my right arm got a cramp <_<

Can't wait to go again this weekend.....

I only wanted to soil(sorry) my pants during takeoff cause I was really surprised how quick it wanted to climb. Then on landing again because it didn't want to come down :shock:

One of the greatest days of my life. :rolleyes:

Can't wait to go again (tomorrow) for a bit longer.

Spent some time hovering adjusting the carb heat (even tho the instructor said always put it down first) and the cockpit heat. Flying around was pretty uneventfull tho. Flew from Bolton to Tottenham, few circuits and back. I was kinda freaked out at landing because the wind sock got blown off from the hangar so I had to fly by Wal Mart aerospace where they got a giant flag :mellow:

I wasn't too happy about landing from the East because of the wires and the cell phone tower but I feel it all went really well.

Let me know what you think of the short vid my instructor made :punk:

The 206 was just departing before me

Good job man ... the fun doesent stop good luk with the rest of your training