Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Maintenance Positions

splitpin

I think you're having a hard time finding guys because BC wants fulltime employees, your market pay scale doesn't cut it in Whistler or Pemberton. If anybody is working for less than 100K up there that would be insane! cheers

Atta-Boy as350!! Drag them kicking and screaming into the harsh bright light of economic reality!!

They can't play if they don't pay!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so true....heard a rumour that an operator in Ft Mac was looking, and the number thrown at me was $150K + housing allowance, which seems to at least try and compensate for the high cost of living there.

geographic areas play a huge part in wages.....one mans $50K is another mans $75K. and they'll live pretty much the same.

I think you're having a hard time finding guys because BC wants fulltime employees, your market pay scale doesn't cut it in Whistler or Pemberton. If anybody is working for less than 100K up there that would be insane! cheers

We aren't having too a hard time finding guys actually. We've expanded really quickly in the last year and have needed to double our maintenance dept. That's a significant challenge in 2007/08 for anyone I think. That's why we are hiring. It's not that hard of a sell really. It's a great place to work. True that a guy can get set up cheaper in Fort Nelson or High Level - all depends on what you want to sacrifice. Whistler is a pretty sweet place to live IMO. You sound pretty enthusiastic, I'm assuming I'll be seeing your resume soon? :D

Looks like companys are starting to look for AME's a little earlier this year. (Highland, Remote etc.) Hold out for better pay/perks guys. There appears to be quit a bit out there!!!

I'd have said companies are a little later this year than last. There seemed to be quite a number of adds coming out in the fall of previous year (sep/oct 2006). This winter there wasn't as much out before christmas. Although I think it's gotten to the point where 90% of companies could probably use at least one extra licenced person, so no add dosen't necessarily mean they aren't looking! I'm sure a phone call to any random company would reveal some kind of personnel needs.

We aren't having too a hard time finding guys actually. We've expanded really quickly in the last year and have needed to double our maintenance dept. That's a significant challenge in 2007/08 for anyone I think. That's why we are hiring. It's not that hard of a sell really. It's a great place to work. True that a guy can get set up cheaper in Fort Nelson or High Level - all depends on what you want to sacrifice. Whistler is a pretty sweet place to live IMO. You sound pretty enthusiastic, I'm assuming I'll be seeing your resume soon? :D

I would like to add the cost of living in whistler isn't much different than Vancouver these days except might be hard to find a place in the middle of winter. Awsome place to live though the summer is actually better than winter.

I really enjoy a funny after work while relaxing.

why are you looking if it is such a good gig great pay ,great location um something doesnt equate just my 2 cents worth

I'd be lying if I said I had a clue about what you are on about. If we are hiring there must be an issue? Isn't everyone hiring? We have tripled our fleet in a little over a year - how could we not be hiring?

It is a good gig. That's why we've been getting the guys we need so far. We could just use one more guy that's all. Not too hard to understand really - or so I thought. :rolleyes:

I'm flattered that you found my previous sincere posts amusing. You sound like a level headed, team player with a professional attitude - just the type of talent we are looking for. I hope to see your resume soon. :lol: