Bell Getting Out Of 206 Business?!

dimit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the early beginning on, the R66 was called the "JetRanger killer"...

As mentioned in the press release not only the B 206 and the 210 production will be terminated also the 427 and the 430.

Will they bring any new helicopters on the market in the near future besides the 429?

regards,

Jan

There will be new models based on the 429 airframe. Lighter (single engine) and heavier versions.

Also heard rumours of a new medium to possibly replace the 205/210/212/412 airframe.

Don't think we'll see any more two bladed models comming from Bell.

When Eurochopper launched the EC120 they stopped the 350BA as they did not want " internal" competition between models. Is the re engined 407 still being developed ?.I guess they must have got a smaller stand at HAI that won't fit too many models . Is it significant the the 609 is not mentioned in the release ?.

609 is still awhile from production. I think the 407X was the designation for the more powerful one and I believe its not long in development. As much as I hate to see the old jetbuggy's time come to an end I think if they did this awhile ago there would have been fewer new astars ripping arround and more 407s. People just dont want to wait 2 years for their machine.