Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Black Film On Inside Windows.

silverbullet

I've got a pilot complaining about black film on the inside of the windows of his Bell 206. The pilot is complaining about having to breath this stuff in all the time. I believe that this black film is exhaust comming from the engine. It must be comming into the cabin whenever the heater is on....

My question is: What can I do to stop this Black crap from comming into the cabin? Any sugestions would gladly be taken. Thanks.

You waana see soot....... I scrape it of my face (big time), every day after logging in the crane. :shock:

Carbon Monoxide indicators are inexpensive and easy to install.

I believe Helifor had a study done on the partculate matter (soot), and it was deemed not a health hazard.....I will try to find out who did the study.

I believe Helifor had a study done on the partculate matter (soot), and it was deemed not a health hazard.....I will try to find out who did the study.

Was the author of the study "Dr. Duke solomon, an agent to the Shell oil company"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well known problem on the 206s. See TB 206-92-143 for Bell's solution. Bit of a pain to install, but I think it's worth it now that (basically) only Jet A is all that is available..........

R...

I've got a pilot complaining about black film on the inside of the windows of his Bell 206. The pilot is complaining about having to breath this stuff in all the time. I believe that this black film is exhaust comming from the engine. It must be comming into the cabin whenever the heater is on....

My question is: What can I do to stop this Black crap from comming into the cabin? Any sugestions would gladly be taken. Thanks.