Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Calgary Training Accident

N1

Thank you Skids....

seems like some people woke up not only on the wrong side of the bed, but on another fricken planet on the shady side none the less....personal attacks aside, some people really need to check some attitude at the door.

Ok TS, now stop adding fuel to the fire... ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and Skids, just to correct you slightly...Jo Blo is "as far away from Toronto as possible" ....he may even be from Springbank for all we know.... may have even seen it all transpire himself, possibly a Bighorn employee. Possibly a retard on day pass from the special hospital. Or even the an employee of the company involved. but in saying that we must note this is only specualtion at best, and we should wait till Jo Blo verifies the facts himself. He at least has a sense of humour. :punk: (unlike some)

the only thing i can tell you is the man named in the article, when googled, comes up with BigHorn Helicopters...soooo......

I'm sorry skidz, but what does this say?

and you have to "google" Richard Alzetta to make assumptions of the accident then you are obviously not in the Calgary area...maybe you can go have coffee with the reporter and discuss the facts :lol:

Occurrence Summary :

A08W0025: The Abitibi Helicopters Ltd. Eurocopter AS350BA, C-GHSM, was conducting training at the Springbank, AB airport. The first training exercise was a simulated hydraulic failure. The exercise was being conducted in the circuit for runway 16. The first two simulations were successful. On the third attempt, the forward speed decayed to 0 kts at approximately 10 feet AGL. During the attempt to regain forward speed, control of the helicopter was lost and the helicopter came to rest on its left side just east of the threshold for runway 16. The training pilot and pilot exited the helicopter with no injuries and there was no post impact fire.

I'm sorry skidz, but what does this say?

and you have to "google" Richard Alzetta to make assumptions of the accident then you are obviously not in the Calgary area...maybe you can go have coffee with the reporter and discuss the facts :lol:

what it says is the man quoted as being interviewed can be found with a simple google search and Bighorn enters the picture....the only fact available at the time.

Lets please hope the reporter didn't make statements verbatim from Mr Alzetta...that'd be even sadder than the reporter sensationalizing this incident. One from our own industry talking of exploding snow...wow.... :down:

the world does not revolve around calgary sorry to say.....this is pretty much a global website....think of that for awhile dude.

As far as i am concerned Mr Alzetta could be a drop of pee on a toilet seat in a truck stop in Manning. I don't know him from a thousand others just like him.

I just don't understand why some people feel they HAVE to know WHO crashed and where?

Whats it to them/you?

I am sure if the same people had the misfortune to crash, they would be wanting it to go under the radar as much as anyone else?

Then start throwing names of who it could be around! :down:

I know in this day and age you can't keep much to your self, but I don't think posting every crash that happens anywhere helps anyone?

Those who need to know about it will be told I'm sure!

Just me thinking out aloud <_<