Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tracking And Balancing Equipment

busdad

Am looking to replace existing Chadwick 177 system. Have the 8500 system but its not upgraded for our Agusta 109.

Would like to hear opinions of MicroVib II vs Aces 2020 or 4040 systems. I have used the MicroVib for M/R Tracking, but not for T/R balancing. Any advice, concerns, helpful hints would be appreciated.

Am looking to replace existing Chadwick 177 system. Have the 8500 system but its not upgraded for our Agusta 109.

Would like to hear opinions of MicroVib II vs Aces 2020 or 4040 systems. I have used the MicroVib for M/R Tracking, but not for T/R balancing. Any advice, concerns, helpful hints would be appreciated.

Aces 2020 is excellent. (My first choice). I haven't used the 4040.

I still love the old 177 but have used both microvibe and aces ,both very similar...both capable of learning if you enter data.....so for capability both are excellent.....just make sure you have plenty of the reflective tape for the photo eyes...nothing more anoying to find that your target is gone off T/R and no spare tape in kit.

Milk carton, stick with a piece of rubber and pastel paint in red and up, up, up into the blades, that always works. Failing that the big rubber band on a stick, just make sure you are standing in the right sport or it will launch you.

Been there done that, but I'am an older fart. But I NEVER want to try it again