Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Middle East Greetings

CTD - Having a great time here in Oman playing with three 214STs and three 205s of the Royal Oman Police. Thought you might like to know they think they are the best machine around and in 2004/5 take delivery of six AB139s to replace the fleet.

This morning we get to shoot some air to air shots of the 214ST with the Sultan of Omans Super Pumas so that should be fun.

407Driver - No sheep here but plenty of goats :rolleyes:

Cyclic Monkey - no offence taken on the other thread and keep an eye out for this Oman feature, will be a real humdinger.

Regards from Muscat, Oman.

Heli Ops

The 214STs will be fitted with Bambi buckets (on the belly) and based in a pretty mountain town on the Trans-Canada Highway in Eastern B.C.

There will have to be some winter work too. But, let's not forget that Quasar used one for heli-skiing in the 80s. (Remove the back row of seats, put in a wooden box to throw the skis into. The beautiful part is that it requires two pilots, so the guide has to ride in the back !!)

Apparently an operator from an unnamed Eastern provence will be the owner, and is hoping to charter them out for $950- per hour (fuel included).

Don't laugh............it could happen !!

The ST is an awesome machine - fast, easy on gas, and very reliable. It's very likely that PHI or AirLog would be bidding hard for them - they love 'em in the GOM.

HeliOps, you have my sympathies. I can't think of a place I'd rather not be. :P

I heard that a certain bird-named heli-rebuilder/leasor bought all of them. They have all kinds of companies that want mediums, and the 205 tariff will drop to 500/hr (only if operated by operators based in someplace where a language not h'english is spoken). ;):P I thought they were going to use the 214 ST's for moving drills at 800/hr ?? :boff:

Cheers ;)

CTD Did you get the images I emailed through. Thought you might enjoy the one showing us cruising along at 145 knots. Still cant get over the size of the blades on the thing.

We took it out one day and had a picnic on the side of some very very high mountains with some steep drop offs. One minute we were scooting along at 50ft agl and then next second we were 8500ft agl when we went over the lip. Will have more to email after I get home.

Heli Ops