Interested In Joining The Industry

JayR

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How wrong you are z1milhouse about Campbell Helicopters!! Campbell is an excellent company to work for. I have been doing contract work for Campbell off and on for several years now. I have worked for several companys including Canadian and I would pick Campbell over all the rest in a heartbeat! Excellent pay, excellent rotation, and excellent field support and a Christmas party second to none. Bruce Campbell is not running a "hanger social club" (like many operators), all he wants is for you to give 8 hours work for 8 hours pay (I know, it's a shocking concept for some people) I don't know what the rotation is for permanent staff, but the contractors can pretty well choose what they want.

I would respectfully suggest that in the future if you make statements about ANY company, you should ensure you are current in your facts. eg. be employed by them when you are making your statements.

Have a good day!

I would agree the christmas parties are second to none however based on your logic i guess i shouldn't. I still keep in touch with them still know people who have worked there recently and stand by my comment. I never said it was bad or the pay was low or the support was bad. You can also add that the gear is ok too. As a contractor your experience is likely not that same as a permenant full time employee. I certainly didn't intend to discourage anyone from working there. They were always upfront with me and I had no suprises with my pay, expenses or what was expected of me. As for your suggestion I have safely placed with all the other crap I'm not likely to ever need to refer to again.

I would agree the christmas parties are second to none however based on your logic i guess i shouldn't. I still keep in touch with them still know people who have worked there recently and stand by my comment. I never said it was bad or the pay was low or the support was bad. You can also add that the gear is ok too. As a contractor your experience is likely not that same as a permenant full time employee. I certainly didn't intend to discourage anyone from working there. They were always upfront with me and I had no suprises with my pay, expenses or what was expected of me. As for your suggestion I have safely placed with all the other crap I'm not likely to ever need to refer to again.

Sorry Bud, I was a little out of line. I just get tired of people always slagging Campbell based on what they have heard, rumors, inuendo, etc. and I just lumped you in with them. Once again, Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
While I agree with most on this thread. I think "justanAME" has a few valid points. I have taken the liberty of highlighting the points I think are valid. It is obvious that he is sick and tired of waking up sick and tired, as we all are sometimes especially when you get a bit older but you suck it up buttercup and keep on trucking.

Thanks Splitpin for reading the e-mail through.

The reactions to my diatribe to a new guy looking at getting in our business have been interesting to say the least.

I would have indeed quit in a heart beat if I didn't like the machines we call helicopters.

By the way, I've been doing this for over thirty years. I started on 47's, just after the wooden blades were replaced with metal ones.

He's right, it took me about twenty years to see the light.

Thanks Splitpin for reading the e-mail through.

The reactions to my diatribe to a new guy looking at getting in our business have been interesting to say the least.

I would have indeed quit in a heart beat if I didn't like the machines we call helicopters.

By the way, I've been doing this for over thirty years. I started on 47's, just after the wooden blades were replaced with metal ones.

He's right, it took me about twenty years to see the light.

Yup, you're right. About 20-25 years is how long it takes to get over the "Golly Jee-Wizz" stage. After that, "it's just a job". Do what you can with what you've got, don't get involved in company bullsh-t, collect your money and go home to the family. I always keep in the back of my hollow little head. Look after your-self and family first.