Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

407 Fuel System

407 driver or Cyclic monkey, I have a question for you, I dont have a 407 manual at hand but,

maybe you could clear a few things for me on the fuel system in the rocket

If you have a dual transfer pump failure and the fuel trapped in the front tanks can be as high as 135 pds, does that mean the low fuel light that normally comes on around 110 pds will now come on at approx 245 pounds total indicated because the sensor for the low fuel light is in the rear tank.

So I would take the fuel in the front tanks that are unusable and add 110pds? That is approx where I will see the low fuel light? I hope that makes sense.

Thanks and merry xmas to you and Hollywood.

Correct.

If both pumps fail the amount that won't gravity feed will be about 135 lbs, causing the low light to come on at approx 245.

You can check the qty remaining in the fwd tanks using the fwd tank switch, and do the math from there.

The fuel low light is on a 13 second delay to eliminate flashing, and will come on at 110 +/- 15 lbs, usually on the low side.