Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best School?

huns

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I Wasn't comparing the G4 to the R44. Two different beasts in my opinion, the 44 definately has its place.

Seeing the price difference between KVH's 44 and everyone else's It becomes obvious whos out to make a fortune and who does it for passion.

More then a $100.00 an hour difference at most schools only proves that most are in it for profit.

Is a 105 hour HU30/BH06/RH44 pilot eligable for this free hour?

Thanks for sharing 412D, stuff like that helps keep a fire going. Are you back in YYF sometime soon?

Cheers.

Cole

i should be there on tuesday. swing by the shop. 1280 commercial

412driver

I think that there's one more thing that needs to be said on this matter and that is although any initial training needs to be carefully considered by the individual and for the individual, that is just the tip of the iceburg.

My first job was co-piloting on a 214 with 3 very different and very good pilots, all of whom gave me a tonne of excellent insight into the working world of flying helicopters. When it was time to move on and get flying full-time myself, the people that I learned from in the years to follow have given me invaluable lessons that I will keep with me for the rest of my career and there will be many others that I will learn from in the future.

The point that I'm trying to make is that the right ab-initio training is a very important decision to make for the individual, but for every pilot out there, we are all in for a full career of learning lessons from some very good teachers all along the way.

And yes, I trained in an R22 but again I reiterrate, the tip of the iceburg. I will be working to hone my skills on many different aircraft until I'm well into my golden years.

DC

• 2 weeks later...
Like I said, trained in the 22 and 47, hands down the 47 takes it. The 44 is also a nice machine. Personally, the 22 will put lots of fear into you, the 47 takes a lot of fear out of you.

the Duke

Well I've just started training on a r22 and it's definatly filling me full of fear! Or is that me putting fear in the helicopter :shock:

• 10 months later...
Well I've just started training on a r22 and it's definatly filling me full of fear! Or is that me putting fear in the helicopter :shock:

Has anyone on here actually trained in a Schweizer 300 because from what I've read it is the safest helicopter you can train in. In fact I did an intro ride at BC Helicopters in the 300 cbi and the places you could go for flight training was fanominal. We went into the this helipad that I didn't think was even possible. I'm still looking for a place to train and just want some different opinions.

thanks

Has anyone on here actually trained in a Schweizer 300 because from what I've read it is the safest helicopter you can train in..

thanks

Then you will get a job flying a clapped out 206A out of northern BC at gross weight and you will wonder to yourself: "that's weird, the 300 performed way better than this....and HEY, why am I losing rotor rpm?????"