Provincial Parks

407 too

If you are planning on landing in a provincial park, my understanding is you must get a $50.00 park-use permit. (according to the Wardens)

BUT, the question arises if you are going to land at a "private" (non park operated) resort within the Park boundries, with the permission of the resort owners, on their land, would the fee apply ??

Anyone have any previous experience with this or know where i might find some ruling ??

If you are planning on landing in a provincial park, my understanding is you must get a $50.00 park-use permit. (according to the Wardens)

BUT, the question arises if you are going to land at a "private" (non park operated) resort within the Park boundries, with the permission of the resort owners, on their land, would the fee apply ??

Anyone have any previous experience with this or know where i might find some ruling ??

The answer to your question is right there: Does the land the resort sit on belong to the resort ? In many cases the resort sits on crown land. If the land belongs to the resort, then no problem. If not...

I once got hassled by a park ranger while on a powerline patrol going through a national park. The boys from Hydro had never had any problems previously and had never asked for permission to overfly or land within the park. The Hydro guys and the park ranger got into a heated argument as to our right to land within the powerline corridor. Their argument was that seeing as they were allowed to travel along the corridor on ATV's, snowmobiles and trucks where possible, then a helicopter should be allowed to land there as well. In the end, the ranger said he was going to file a complaint with TC and so forth. Never heard anything back about it... :mellow:

The answer to your question is right there: Does the land the resort sit on belong to the resort ? In many cases the resort sits on crown land. If the land belongs to the resort, then no problem. If not...

Well I would guess the land IS crown land, but deeded(leased) to operate the lodge.

The floatplanes that land on the lake ARE subject to the fee, but i don't intentionally plan on landing on the water :blink:

Take no chances - call and ask.

Canada AIM RAC 1.14.5

1.14.5 National, Provincial and Municipal Parks,

Reserves and Refuges

To preserve the natural environment of parks, reserves and

refuges and to minimize the disturbance to the natural habitat,

overflights should not be conducted below 2 000 feet AGL.

The landing or takeoff of aircraft in the national

parks and national park reserves may take place at

prescribed locations.

To assist pilots in observing this, boundaries are depicted on

the affected charts. The following is taken from the National

Parks Aircraft Access Regulations (98-01-29):

(1) Subject to subsection (2) and Section 5 no person shall

take off or land an aircraft in a park except in a park set

out in column I of an item of the schedule, at a take-off

and landing location set out in column II of that item.

(2) No person shall take off or land an aircraft in a park set out in column I of any of items 1 to 6 of the schedule unless that

person holds a permit.

Schedule (Sections 2 and 5)

Item Column I Park Column II Take-off and Landing Location

1. Auyuittuq Reserve Any location

2. Ellesmere Island Reserve Any location

3. Northern Yukon National (a) Margaret Lake at latitude 68˚50’00”N, longitude 140˚08’48”W

(B) Nunaluk Spit at latitude 69˚34’17”N, longitude 139˚32’48”W

© Sheep Creek at latitude 69˚10’07”N, longitude 140˚08’48”W

(d) Stokes Point at latitude 69˚19’49”N, longitude 138˚44’13”W

4. Kluane Reserve (a) Big Horn Lake at latitude 61˚08’30”N, longitude 139˚22’40”W

(B) Quinteno Sella Glacier at latitude 60˚36’20”N, longitude 140˚48’30”W

© Hubbard Glacier at latitude 60˚34’00”N, longitude 140˚07’30”W

(d) Cathedral Glacier at latitude 60˚14’15”N, longitude 138˚58’00”W

(e) South Arm Kaskawulsh Glacier at latitude 60˚30’30”N, longitude 138˚53’00”W

5. Kluane National Park (a) Lowell Lake and Lowell Lake Bar at latitude 60˚17’10”N, longitude 137˚57’00”W

(b)Onion Lake at latitude 60˚05’40”N, longitude 138˚25’00”W

6. Nahanni Reserve (a) Rabbit kettle Lake at latitude 61˚57’00”N, longitude 127˚18’00”W

(B) Virginia Falls at latitude 61˚38’00”N, longitude 125˚38’00”W

7. Wood Buffalo

National Park

Garden Creek Airstrip at latitude 58˚42’30”N, longitude 113˚53’30”W

As far as P. Parks are concerned I have found that if they are privately run you will usually get a "talking too" Even if you have AB forestry personel on board (HAC Crew camping out) I recomend calling ahead from here on out regardless of what your pax say.

Rainbow Lake: Been there done that. If your alone just do your "buisiness" on the other side of the machine or use Swan Aero's Atco trailer. All you have to do is phone if it's locked. If your not buying fuel just use a 5 or 10er to keep the lady happy. Not to mention customers as you have to bill it back to them anyways.