Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Immigrating To Canada

lamadriver1948

Elvis ------ Vancouver can have the #1 spot because we don't even want the #10 spot. We aren't quite as sophisdicated as Vancouver though. We even do our shoot-outs down on the 'main drag' at high noon amongst all the mothers and pre-schoolers.

Thanks for the heads-up on the big cities. I love Vancouver to visit but I prefer smaller towns to live in. In general Canadians are lot more congenial than othersI have met around the world. Like I said in my original post, I very much enjoyed my youth years in Quebec, that's where I started flying and wrenching. I still have a lot of High School friends in Montreal, Vancouver and Sept-Iles.

I bought a Norseman in Sioux Lookout a few years back for a company in Seward, AK, and ferried it back to Alaska. I was impressed at how well maintained most of the aircraft were, and how well everyone wanted to do a good job. Hats off to the fellows at Eagle Aviation in S.L. I especially like the Norseman since it was the first airplane I got to fly when I was 14.

I'll follow-up on the leads you have all given me. Thanks again.

Cheers, Don

PS: You will be hearing from TQN who is reffered to as the "MotherBoard" of this site.

For one scary moment there Don I thought you wrote - "Motherbroad".

I feared for your life!

Cheers

Sharkbait :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard Lamadriver 1948 - Where in Quebec?

I'm sorry, I missed your question about where in Quebec. It was Sept-Iles. My mother was born there, my oldest sister in Havre Ste. Pierre.