Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilots

Heli500

NOW everybody play nice!

How long, Oh Lord, will this stupid Pilot / Engineer slagging thing go on? I bet Wilber and Orville started it!

Copied from the humour section.

The Engineer is my shepherd,

I shall not crash.

He leadeth me to land in green pastures,

For my tail rotor’s sake.

He checheth my chips,

The engine shall not fail me, nor the transmission grind.

And lo though I fly through the valley of the impossible autorotation,

I shall fear no evil

For His log book and signature.

They are with me.

His torque wrench and lock wire,

They comfort me.

He inspecteth my aircraft,

Even though the sun sets, the temperature plummets and the rain falls.

He laughs not at my landings

Even though the skids bend and the ground shakes.

He talks not of that girl in Flin Flon,

Even though her face doth freeze Jet B.

I am much blessed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try that "Princess" #### with me TS after you malign my professional and work ethics and you'll be printing a retraction with my boot up your ***.

bring it on girlie man :punk:

I love this....so many sensitive folks out there...I must be on an Oprah episode...LOL

Many of you need to lighten up...drastically. :down:

TS:

You malign my professional standards and then tell me to lighten up? After you admit that you don't know anything about me, my work ethic, my history, my job, or anything else and then maybe I'll lighten up.

Try growing up a bit. This industry runs safely because people work hard to make it so, not because some childish prat with an attitude thinks himself a tough guy with tools. You're not funny, you're off base, and you don't sound like anyone I'd choose to work for me.

But I realize that I'm in the same quandary as the farmer trying to wrestle the pig into the crate: I'm getting angry and dirty and the pig is enjoying it.

As far as the original thread goes, I have to apologize for the gratuitous swipe that I took at pilots: you guys do a tough job too and I've had the pleasure of working with some great folks - most of whom would never shy away from helping me on the ground with my tasks. As with all people, some are more helpful than others but I've only ever had a couple tell me, "No". So be it - they're human after all, just like me.

Hey, if it was easy then everybody would be doing it.

Hi,

As an engineer, I have always tried to keep my only goal in mind: deliver a safe helicopter to my pilot, each morning. All my actions and thoughts are converging to this only point. I don't want to have any doubt when take-off time comes, and I don't want the pilot to have any doubt either.

I have seen many maintenance guys interfere in what I consider pilot's job: dealing with clients, organise their slinging loads, etc... Of course when my opinion is that safety is in the balance, it happens that I can make a suggestion !

I also like it when pilots don't troubleshoot the snags too quickly for me: I prefer when they give me the symptoms, and not their conclusion...

In one word we are all very good in our respective jobs, which are hard enough not to waste our energy in things that are better handled by the other guy.

With this in mind, and a good dose of diplomacy from either side, there is nothing a good team (composed of a pilot, an AME and a helicopter) can't go through. All the "residual" problems find their solution in front of a cold beer !

Peace ! :punk:

Ya, I agree with "Justinengineer", its a job boys and girls, one that we have picked for one reason or another. I have been working on choppers for almost 30 years now and I have met lots of jerk off pilots, and just as many jerk off engineers. The good thing is that the jerks usually get weeded out after a few years, so if your pilot won't help do this, or the wrench is back at the hotel sleeping while work needs to be done, this gets around.

There was an earlier quote, think it said "You do your job, I will do mine, and the rest we will do together" Sounds like a pretty good way to do business to me........

my 2 cents worth..

unbelievable nothing has changed in the thirty-four years I have been licenced.

I must say I am glade not to be in aviation any more.

To have to listen to the same old BS from both sides as to how hard they work.

As a pilot / engineer I have been on both sides.

What you all seem to forget without pilots engineers do not work without engineers pilots do not work.

You all need to take a pill and get a grip on reality.

You cannot get respect if you do not give it.

don't worry splitpin, I would never slump to a level to classify all engineers like that! I have a lot of good friends that are engineers and we have a lot of fun doing a good job together. If it's a cold night I'll go get him a big coffee and maybe come hold the nelson on his hands while he fidels with those little bolts. It's always fun once the engineer trusts you with tools and we all spend a day in the hanger joking around, eating donuts and doing a 300! I just hate to see pilots be lumped into a group like this thread states.

I am sure it would be a pleasure to work with you splitpin, I will keep your tools clean and land on dry ground for you anytime

don't worry splitpin, I would never slump to a level to classify all engineers like that! I have a lot of good friends that are engineers and we have a lot of fun doing a good job together. If it's a cold night I'll go get him a big coffee and maybe come hold the nelson on his hands while he fidels with those little bolts. It's always fun once the engineer trusts you with tools and we all spend a day in the hanger joking around, eating donuts and doing a 300! I just hate to see pilots be lumped into a group like this thread states.

I am sure it would be a pleasure to work with you splitpin, I will keep your tools clean and land on dry ground for you anytime

Cheers