Closing Of Threads Closed

you know, guys.. we're damned if we do and damned if we don't... the mods here just try and keep things semi-upright and if you think we're being heavy handed, then let mike know... but don't be climbing skidz's or ronnie's or anyone else's 6 over this..

man, seems we gotta make this statement every year about this time... <_<

you know, guys.. we're damned if we do and damned if we don't... the mods here just try and keep things semi-upright and if you think we're being heavy handed, then let mike know... but don't be climbing skidz's or ronnie's or anyone else's 6 over this..

man, seems we gotta make this statement every year about this time... <_<

Yeah!!!!

Because it's the annual "Icefields Helicopters Wackathon" that is held every spring on the forums. Its a tradition guys!!!

Alright!!!!!

:punk: :punk: :punk:

Well...contrary to popular belief, this isn't actually a public forum. It comes with certain "rules". It's kinda like you are a guest in someones house and you shyte on the floor.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I already know I can be an **shole.

cheers,

RTR

Guest plumber
Well...contrary to popular belief, this isn't actually a public forum. It comes with certain "rules". It's kinda like you are a guest in someones house and you shyte on the floor.

Don't take my post the wrong way, I already know I can be an **shole.

cheers,

RTR

Whaaaaaaaat? You an **shole :shock:

Don't take my post the wrong way, I already know I can be an **shole.RTR

:shock: That is an outright lie, RTR! And I'd even go as far as to say that this thread should be closed for flaming yourself! :lol:

Aw, c'mon...give the Mod Squad a break. You can't blame them for shutting down the annual "poke at a specific operator" before it gets started; they're just doin' their jobs.

I quote "twisted spar"

I'm personally getting tired of hearing the broken record from some people about closing threads simply because they want them to be closed.

get on the moderator list, or get your own website if you want to control and censor what you feel yourself is out of line.

Nowhere does he mention "Icefield" There is not one call for closing of that thread that I could find.

I think he was refering to the Golden accident where a member suggested the thread should be closed, but that was rejected by a moderator and rightly so as it violated no forum rules.

If you go back over the different postings on this site you will see that there is always someone calling for a thread to be closed. "twisted spar" has a very valid point. If a member does not like the direction a thread is turning he has no right to call for it to be closed because he is getting offended. Private forum or not, we still live in a free speech democracy and there will always be someone lurking in the bush waiting to muzzle that right.

I would strongly recommend that everyone read the "Rules and Guidelines" at the top of this page.

One point worth noting there under "code of conduct" Quote: Thread hi-jacking will not be tolerated. All posters must respect the rights of other members to post questions, comments and ideas that do not agree with their own. Please keep your posts "on topic" i.e. relevant to the subject(s) of the thread.

No one is giving the Moderators a hard time, least of all me. All in all they do a very good job of keeping things under control.

Anyone posting here should have the right to REQUEST that a topic be closed.

However, it is up to the Moderators that run this private site to decide if that would be appropriate.

The recent comments about the Golden Heli-skiing accident were well handled by all concerned.

Someone asked the question "what happened to Andy". Unfortunately this question could be interpreted several different ways.

The poster later apologized for the confusion caused by his choice of words. Well done.

Sadly, we all know 'what' happened to Andy, but I suspect the poster was wanting to know 'why' it happened.

As discussed, this will be released in due time after a thorough investigation by the TSB.

Any comments before that would be undesirable speculation.

The recent accident in Ontario was wonderfully handled by the operator's Safety Officer.

We didn't have the benefit of that sort of information in the Golden tragedy.

But what we did have here was a great out-pouring of sympathy and support for a lost member of our small community, and some very touching contributions from Andy's sister.

The moderators have handled all of this with great class, which also involved leaving some comments unedited for other posters to offer their opinions about them.

This site has come a long way over the years. Kudos to all the team monitoring it.

As for that other operator mentioned recently.........the less said the better!!!