Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Closing Of Threads Closed

I quote "twisted spar"

I'm personally getting tired of hearing the broken record from some people about closing threads simply because they want them to be closed.

get on the moderator list, or get your own website if you want to control and censor what you feel yourself is out of line.

Nowhere does he mention "Icefield" There is not one call for closing of that thread that I could find.

I think he was referring to the Golden accident where a member suggested the thread should be closed, but that was rejected by a moderator and rightly so as it violated no forum rules.

If you go back over the different postings on this site you will see that there is always someone calling for a thread to be closed. "twisted spar" has a very valid point. If a member does not like the direction a thread is turning he has no right to call for it to be closed because he is getting offended. Private forum or not, we still live in a free speech democracy and there will always be someone lurking in the bush waiting to muzzle that right.

I would strongly recommend that everyone read the "Rules and Guidelines" at the top of this page.

One point worth noting there under "code of conduct" Quote: Thread hi-jacking will not be tolerated. All posters must respect the rights of other members to post questions, comments and ideas that do not agree with their own. Please keep your posts "on topic" i.e. relevant to the subject(s) of the thread.

No one is giving the Moderators a hard time, least of all me. All in all they do a very good job of keeping things under control.

Splitpin: For a person that has been around for awhile maybe you should try and think about other people and there concerns, you know as well as I do that people that are not familiar with aviation take things out of context, just like the newspapers. I was just trying to save somebodies feelings.

As for TS comments they are being ignored for lack of intellect.

As far as free speech is concerned, when you back it up with your name and telephone number, I'll agree. There is no such thing as anonymous free speech. It's called ignore.

When you are referring to the Golden thread, one mod said I was out of line another said it was OK and somebody else just posted and agreed with me. I would say try and be a little compassionate.

Don

Hi Don--A few comments on your post:

Splitpin: For a person that has been around for awhile maybe you should try and think about other people and there concerns,

I always think of other people and their concerns, however I would never get involved in another persons problems unless I was "specifically invited" to and only then with a great amount of caution.

I was just trying to save somebodies feelings.

I understand what you are saying Don, BUT, refer to my above statement

As for TS comments they are being ignored for lack of intellect.

Ignored?? How can you say that? The thread was closed before anyone had a chance to say anything. For all we know there may be a hundred members out there wanting to agree/disagree with him/her

As far as free speech is concerned, when you back it up with your name and telephone number, I'll agree. There is no such thing as anonymous free speech. It's called ignore.

Wouldn't that be charming, midnight phone calls, threats from people who take exception to what you have to say. BTW what's your phone number? :rolleyes::rolleyes: Free Speech, Religion, Thought Political Views among many other things are all things that our Forefathers (North and South of the border) fought and died for so we could enjoy the life we have today.

Check out the link below and note what Noam Chomsky has to say at the end of the first paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

I would say try and be a little compassionate.

You will never find a more compassionate person than me!! (only if they deserve it though) :shock: :shock:

Best Regards

Splitpin

Splitpin: As you wish, I don't have to live with you. I have been posting my name and telephone number on this site since day one and I do not hide behind the name Blackmac and in case you didn't know where the H*ll do you think HEPAC is situated, it's on the brochure's.

D.J. McDougall

1044 County Rd 44

Oxford Station, ON K0G 1T0

Tel: 613 258 0252

My personal e mail is posted on this site.

PS: You can try and reach me at midnight, but I doubt you will be successful

look mom...quit trying to make the boys play nice, this is the most fun since...well.....who the h*ll knows, but this place needed a shake-up.

Sure am glad Blackie is ignoring me, cuz I'd hate to see the old codger have to get off his walker and write some other post chastizing me....... :punk: