Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tools Tips And Tricks

Gary Watson

whats this servo alignment work aid you speak of?

It is a tool that a work mate came up with, and although I would not say it works perfectly every time it certainly has helped out way more often than not. It's a collar that slips down into the cup above the servo ladder. It has four bolts that you turn in to secure the servo in place while torquing. I you are interested please PM me and I will give you more on a less public form.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tool that a work mate came up with, and although I would not say it works perfectly every time it certainly has helped out way more often than not. It's a collar that slips down into the cup above the servo ladder. It has four bolts that you turn in to secure the servo in place while torquing. I you are interested please PM me and I will give you more on a less public form.

My mistake, work aid.

• 3 months later...

Ok I'll try and stick to new ideas here.

First off only magnet I use, is a magnet sown in the finger tip of a finger removed off a glove. I bought mine off a tool truck.

Next get your self one of those mastercraft ratchet wrench with all the bits, take a 9/64 bit and cut a bunch of the butt off, until it only sticks out of the ratchet wrench a few mm's. only two bolts on the alison case halfs it won't get, but a regular allen key will.

I bought a 10.6v lithium mini drill two years ago and everyone laughed, but now 60% of the guys at work have one, and makita just came out with a sweet one.

Iphone or late model ipod touch, you keep it in your chest pocket on low and listen to music or a podcast with our blocking your hearing as you don't need ear buds, has a calculator, email, web, gps, app's for conversions. and if you have a camera model. you can directly email photo's back to base.

keep thick things like CPC1, mastonox in syringes, you don't need a brush

take a hollow rivet ( empty cherry max) and place it over the end of a triangle file, hammer the rivet to the triangle shape, attach a rod or dowel. its for adjusting compass's