Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tools Tips And Tricks

Gary Watson

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bad enough asking yourself questions, but now you're answering them also! Bring back TDK and you can have a "menage a trois".

its so nice Dewey to be on the recieving end of most of your posts. Is it your life's mission to continually come after me? I'm beginning to think you're stalking me or at the very least a bit infatuated with me. :down: :shock:

I actually thought you may be Dr Duke at one point....but I quickly discounted that one because he's on way more and different times than you ever have been.

I thinks the mods know who Dr Duke's alter ego belongs to.

I have a collection of small jelly jars like you get in a hotel (if you get lucky and get to stay in an hotel) Each is filled with all the consumable stuff like Mastinox, Blackbear, never-seize, one with Bell Assembly fluid, Eurocopter varnish for the ground straps on the blades. I chop off little acid brushes and leave them in the jar. The one I wind up lending out most is the jar of crisco for doing 250 seals..

That and a hammer and a bottle opener...........

hey! RedRag,

Right on! I always take a tube of assembly fluid with me. Crisco is usually available in the local cook shack, but nothing beats assembly fluid when you "have" to re-install an O-ring in a fuel system.

I have a collection of small jelly jars like you get in a hotel (if you get lucky and get to stay in an hotel) Each is filled with all the consumable stuff like Mastinox, Blackbear, never-seize, one with Bell Assembly fluid, Eurocopter varnish for the ground straps on the blades. I chop off little acid brushes and leave them in the jar. The one I wind up lending out most is the jar of crisco for doing 250 seals..

That and a hammer and a bottle opener...........

just a word of caution, audits have been picking up on lot numbers and identification of contents. Also applies to MSDS identification.

make sure your decanted "samples" are labeled correctly when removed from the original packaging.

just a word of caution, audits have been picking up on lot numbers and identification of contents. Also applies to MSDS identification.

make sure your decanted "samples" are labeled correctly when removed from the original packaging.

I've heard about this before, while I get the spirit of the reg, I still think it's a little retarded. I can half understand it if you're working in the hangar but, in the field out of a pelican case....

You think a guy would get a gold star stuck to his forehead for remembering to use anit-seize in the field. Instead he gets the MSDS stapled to his back and they clip the corner of his certificate.

I see your point Spar, maybe a card in the box showing the lot numbers and maybe a date, but I'm drawing the line at MSDS's. I need the space for expense reports!!!

Yup, Got caught like that myself!! Anal Bast-rds!!!