Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As 350 Control Guard

CIEH

I am looking for some sort of guard to protect AS 350 controls (throttle, rotor brake and fuel shut-off). Drivers reported me some cases of L/H passengers not paying much attention to those controls, during some delicate phases of flight (hover exit…) where a camera belt could dramatically end a flight.

I have seen some of those guards in the past, but couldn’t find anything STC’d yet.

Help would be welcome.

Take care and keep smiling: winter is almost over…… :D

I am looking for some sort of guard to protect AS 350 controls (throttle, rotor brake and fuel shut-off). Drivers reported me some cases of L/H passengers not paying much attention to those controls, during some delicate phases of flight (hover exit…) where a camera belt could dramatically end a flight.

I have seen some of those guards in the past, but couldn’t find anything STC’d yet.

Help would be welcome.

Take care and keep smiling: winter is almost over…… :D

We've been looking for them too. I keep hearing that they come as part of someone's litter kit. I've called everyone that I can think of and nobody seems to know who makes them. The funny thing is we have a bunch that look like they were manufactured in a batch...big mystery where they came from. Geneva and Dart will just give you a blank stare.

We've just had to draw some up and make them ourselves.

Let me know if you find any. Good luck.

Thank you ame206350. I know what you mean by blank stares ! Even on the phone ! I will follow the litter kit way.

I am reluctant to use a home-made (and not approved) design, so close to the controls.

If a Dart guy reads this thread, it could be your next challenge ?? ;)

Ears and eyes stay open...

you can see the guard in place in the picture of the L/H litter kit option. page 7.

http://www.eurocopter.ca/OptionCatalogue190207.swf

I know CHL had pretty much their whole fleet outfitted after that tragic accident that claimed the life of all on board. Not sure at this time though if they were installed as a litter kit option, or if they STC'd their own design.

you can see the guard in place in the picture of the L/H litter kit option. page 7.

http://www.eurocopter.ca/OptionCatalogue190207.swf

I know CHL had pretty much their whole fleet outfitted after that tragic accident that claimed the life of all on board. Not sure at this time though if they were installed as a litter kit option, or if they STC'd their own design.

Thanks for the info Twisted. :punk: