Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

205 And T53 Type Training Sources?

ame206350

What was told me, when I had my in-house course with Bob, was that it could just be approved for the company I worked for at that time.

In other words, it's like I should go for another course if I want to be LTS 101 qualified in another company. I wonder if there is a means of getting the first course fully approved, maybe by proving some experience on the type ?

It can be done. I've done it three times already. Talk to Dave DeClue at TC Pacific. You send him in your course workbook, syllabus, certificate and exam. TC will review it and at their discretion issue a letter giving a one-off approval that you can take anywhere. I've done it just recently for my LTS-101 course with Bob last fall. I've also done it with a non-TC approved AS350 course from American Eurocopter for another guy.

If you can show TC that you pretty much took a full type course they will issue you an approval. In the case of my LTS course - I had to go back to Bob and request an exam because one was not given at the course. Most guys just got their in-house ACA approval and never bothered trying to get the TC approval. In each case we've had our courses approved in less than two weeks. No proof of experience required. It's all about selling your training as equivalent to a full factory course.

:up:

It can be done. I've done it three times already. Talk to Dave DeClue at TC Pacific. You send him in your course workbook, syllabus, certificate and exam. TC will review it and at their discretion issue a letter giving a one-off approval that you can take anywhere. I've done it just recently for my LTS-101 course with Bob last fall. I've also done it with a non-TC approved AS350 course from American Eurocopter for another guy.

If you can show TC that you pretty much took a full type course they will issue you an approval. In the case of my LTS course - I had to go back to Bob and request an exam because one was not given at the course. Most guys just got their in-house ACA approval and never bothered trying to get the TC approval. In each case we've had our courses approved in less than two weeks. No proof of experience required. It's all about selling your training as equivalent to a full factory course.

:up:

Thank you, I will do that. :)

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions for 205 and T53 type courses. Honeywell's T53 guy has retired and Northern Lights is done for the year.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

:punk:

WestPoint Helicopter Industry Services is a new ATO located in Vancouver, BC. Current approvals are: AS350 airframe series, Arriel 1 Engine Series, B212 Airframe, PT6T 3/6 Engine Series, S61 airframe and engine. There are plans for 2008/9 to develop and deliver the B206 (airframe/engine), B205 (airframe/engine) and the Honeywell LTS 101.

You can contact Laurie Watkins at 604 271-HELI (4354) or toll free 1-800-271-4354.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
WestPoint Helicopter Industry Services is a new ATO located in Vancouver, BC. Current approvals are: AS350 airframe series, Arriel 1 Engine Series, B212 Airframe, PT6T 3/6 Engine Series, S61 airframe and engine. There are plans for 2008/9 to develop and deliver the B206 (airframe/engine), B205 (airframe/engine) and the Honeywell LTS 101.

You can contact Laurie Watkins at 604 271-HELI (4354) or toll free 1-800-271-4354.

Good Luck!

Thank you. :up: