Hac News

I agree with you, Biggles…and others.

In our society, old adages such as “we are known by the company we keep” and “our actions speak louder than words” still ring true, however small a part we play and typically regardless of circumstance. There’s a lesson in there to be learned obviously, but having said that, a misdemeanor occurred by a notable person too big a catch to be ignored. Notable people are indeed expected to be an example, often at the risk of being made example of. This was said to me by a very wise man, and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

I have not met Mr. Jenner personally, only here in the virtual world. My uncle taught him to fly the 205 in Quebec, and those early r/w days helped him “lobby as best he could for the Canadian helicopter industry.” But I will say that it is a rare gem of a person that comes along, once in a blue moon (that is for you, Daiseycutter), who brings an unbridled passion, drive and enthusiasm to a worthy cause for the benefit of others. To me, HAC will always be synonymous with Brian Jenner; through his tireless accomplishments and achievements to that association and your industry, he leaves a legacy…regardless. And I truly hope that THAT is what will be remembered.

And to you, Mr. J...to all that was and to all that will be. ;) Wishing only the best for all future endeavors.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was clearly a decision that had to be made.....

there are so many situations like this played out every day in every profession. The best one that comes to mind (no pun intended) is the Clinton Legacy. Bee J's happen everyday in thousands upon thousands of offices across this continent (quite possibily in the very building your working at right now)....But ol' Billy got caught and had to pay a hefty price for his little daliance.

Brian Jenner is no different in this case. He had an image to uphold and failed that. His head had to roll for his error in judgment. Tough learning curve.

Biggles,

I agree with your statement "There are far worse people in this world of ours that have done despicable and unimaginable things and have gone unpunished or a got mere tap on the wrist" but there are also cases of people losing their jobs for a lot less.

It all depends on how well you're liked by the decision makers.

unfortunately, browsing job ad sites during your break and making no effort to hide it.....doesn't help you look like gold in your employers mind.

it was clearly a decision that had to be made.....

there are so many situations like this played out every day in every profession. The best one that comes to mind (no pun intended) is the Clinton Legacy. Bee J's happen everyday in thousands upon thousands of offices across this continent (quite possibily in the very building your working at right now)....But ol' Billy got caught and had to pay a hefty price for his little daliance.

Brian Jenner is no different in this case. He had an image to uphold and failed that. His head had to roll for his error in judgment. Tough learning curve.

Billy didn't lose his job over that (Hillary have been a might be a tad ticked off)

But then there is Eliot Spitzer. But He quit before being forced to leave.

excuse my ignorance but I'm not as well informed as the rest of you. I have heard rumors of "the moose story" but is there any links or articles on that whole incident?

We're not talking about a drunk driving conviction or fraud or anything else unrelated to helicopters. If that was the case, then Brian Jenner sympathizers would have a leg to stand on. He wasn't just accused, he was CONVICTED of a crime that involved the illegal use of a helicopter. He was the head of the Association that represents Canadian Helicopter operators worldwide. How can we expect the world helicopter community to respect us and take us seriously with Brian Jenner as our leader? Don't you guys see this as a problem, considering the looming possibility that HAC might become the regulatory body for Canada's helicopter industry?

I've never met the guy and for all I know he was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and had no idea that he was doing anything wrong. Whether he knowingly or unknowingly comitted this crime is absolutely irrelevent because the bottom line is that he was convicted by a court of law. It's not like HAC could realisticaly issue a press release saying "Brian's a real good guy and he's done a great job for our industry and he was totaly wrongly convicted and therefore, every time you deal with HAC, just ignore his conviction".

To sympathize his plight is appropriate when he's charged but once he's convicted, that's it! Game over!

HAC should have acted much sooner, in my opinion, and not doing so has caused a great deal of embarrassment to our industry.

We're not talking about a drunk driving conviction or fraud or anything else unrelated to helicopters. If that was the case, then Brian Jenner sympathizers would have a leg to stand on. He wasn't just accused, he was CONVICTED of a crime that involved the illegal use of a helicopter. He was the head of the Association that represents Canadian Helicopter operators worldwide. How can we expect the world helicopter community to respect us and take us seriously with Brian Jenner as our leader? Don't you guys see this as a problem, considering the looming possibility that HAC might become the regulatory body for Canada's helicopter industry?

I've never met the guy and for all I know he was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and had no idea that he was doing anything wrong. Whether he knowingly or unknowingly comitted this crime is absolutely irrelevent because the bottom line is that he was convicted by a court of law. It's not like HAC could realisticaly issue a press release saying "Brian's a real good guy and he's done a great job for our industry and he was totaly wrongly convicted and therefore, every time you deal with HAC, just ignore his conviction".

To sympathize his plight is appropriate when he's charged but once he's convicted, that's it! Game over!

HAC should have acted much sooner, in my opinion, and not doing so has caused a great deal of embarrassment to our industry.

100% total agreement. Well said.

Possession of contraband meat, a misdemeanor. Right or wrong, what's done is done. Lessons learned and life goes on, as does a great organization. Simplified? Perhaps. But to continue to convict in the Kangaroo Court of a public forum serves what purpose? And before anyone gets their tools in a tumble, please know that were this thread about any other Forum Member actually named by name, I'd be saying the exact same thing. If that is "sympathising," so be it. ;)

TwistedSpar, I own my own company and work from home, your little comment is not fitting and for the record, looking like to gold to any past employers was never my thing .... you may want to use your edit button ....

TQN, you have hit many nails on the head .... wish there were more of your type around! I've always appreciated your inputs ...

To others, I agree about the crossing of fine lines, however I still maintain that dismissal using this issue only (if only) is/was harsh. Convicted yes, punished by the courts, yes by means of a heavy fine and whatever else it was. Suspension from his duties, thats even ok (well sort of). Done. How much longer does this need to be dragged on? All the while, the Qb Gov't granted a contract to the accused operator, yep the same convicted company . The contract: moose assessment (something like that, was in the same papers that showed the moose deal). So in light of this, I guess the courts & gov't found it suffice to say that fines and other forms of wrist slapping was enough.

Thats all I'm going to say about that .....