Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Dom Alberta

Just curious.... as DOM will I have to pay room & board, or is that free provided I am your wife's personal gardener?

What other benefits can I expect? 1 day off a month, zero dental, zero dignity?

You can't be serious!! :lol: :down:

Just curious.... as DOM will I have to pay room & board, or is that free provided I am your wife's personal gardener?

What other benefits can I expect? 1 day off a month, zero dental, zero dignity?

You can't be serious!! :lol: :down:

I had similar thoughts. (If I get where you're going ). A DOM with 3 machines that he has to take care of and also all the support work, paperwork, manuals, audits, QA. Sounds like someone out there isn't up on the new reality of aviation in this country. SMS? What's that? Maybe the DOM can do that too.

"Hey DOM can you come fuel me up?"

I hope it was all a mistake in the wording and the guy really has an engineer and an apprentice.

Edit: I didn't notice the name attached to your title until now. Just look back in an hour and see what you started. :unsure:

Just a good example of some of the poor ads being posted by potential employers and employees.

-Let's not tell you, who you are really applying to and for.

Here is a typical line from some ads: "We are now accepting applications/resumes." If you haven't been doing so for the last 6 months, good luck finding people for the season.

Every year you can see the same companies looking for almost an entire staff.

Please.... if you aren't prepared to keep guys going all year and happy, you will reap what you sow.

Low timers looking for work: Take the time to check your spelling and grammar when writing a resume or posting an ad. Especially if you are french, writing an english ad and vice versa.

Ads that are appealing ie. Harmonic Vibe's and heli006's, create an interest and that's a start. Details about the jobs and a personality go a long way! :punk:

the Duke

It's all quite simple really, If you don't like him or his conitions, then DON'T WORK THERE.

I am not a *&&^%$ supporter, and not sticking up for him. BUT is he FORCING you DOM's and 100 hr pilots to apply?

Ah 3BX2,

This is just a lesson in reading between the lines and writing ads. Lighten up!

the Duke

And we're off!! Lets see how much mileage we get out of this thread this time around. My prediction is this should taper off sometime in June when we're all too busy to give a S%@T!!! :shock: