Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Tc's New Aviation Document Booklet

I was just in Transport Canada's Air web site and I read this post that they will be coming out with a new aviation document booklet, which all pilots have to apply for starting in April 2009, starting with ATPL and CPL's and we have to submit a passport ready picture of ourselfs to them for Identification purposes. I guess they don't trust us anymore or they been reading the posts on the $55.00 medical processing charge complaints. I think it will just be a excuse to up the price, you watch.

So any ways this booklet is to have all our info in one little booklet, showing our mug shot, licence, permits and medical. and probable some hidden security features so they can track us down.

Is it just me or am I paranoid that I dont trust any government <_<

Guest who's yer daddy

That link is 1.8 hours long but worth every minute of it.

Good movie. Too bad Canada is not far behind. Good thing we own all the banks taking over the US. (RBC, Scotia)

And we wondered why the banks all of a sudden changed their names!

I was just in Transport Canada's Air web site and I read this post that they will be coming out with a new aviation document booklet, which all pilots have to apply for starting in April 2009, starting with ATPL and CPL's and we have to submit a passport ready picture of ourselfs to them for Identification purposes. I guess they don't trust us anymore or they been reading the posts on the $55.00 medical processing charge complaints. I think it will just be a excuse to up the price, you watch.

So any ways this booklet is to have all our info in one little booklet, showing our mug shot, licence, permits and medical. and probable some hidden security features so they can track us down.

Is it just me or am I paranoid that I dont trust any government <_<

ahh... picture id. not unlike picture id on your drivers licence....not unlike picture id on your passport....not unlike picture id that has been out for years on the AME licence that has a scan bar on the back... picture id and eye scan for airport passes.....picture id on some credit cards......

welcome pilots to 2008

Although I detect a hint of sarcasm ;) in smoothair's post, he is absolutely correct.

We are in the stone age with these blue sheets of paper we carry around. You show up in third world countries around the world and present this document and see the look you get.

I think TC is on the right track, but still 15 years behind the times. The licence should be as smoothair points out, a laminated document the size of your drivers licence with a mag strip on the back that holds all your info. That mag strip could also allow access to airside at airports and could track who entered where and when.......I knows it sounds like big brother, but I for one would like to know who is getting on airside and messing with my a/c.

Although I detect a hint of sarcasm ;) in smoothair's post, he is absolutely correct.

We are in the stone age with these blue sheets of paper we carry around. You show up in third world countries around the world and present this document and see the look you get.

I think TC is on the right track, but still 15 years behind the times. The licence should be as smoothair points out, a laminated document the size of your drivers licence with a mag strip on the back that holds all your info. That mag strip could also allow access to airside at airports and could track who entered where and when.......I knows it sounds like big brother, but I for one would like to know who is getting on airside and messing with my a/c.

exactly. we in this little world of helicopters seem to not always look at the big picture. When i get on that big bird. i would like to feel comfortable that the guys in the front are the real people that are suppose to be in the front. and yes, i can be a little sarcastic. a smaller card simular to the AME licence may of done the job.

I hope it doesn't become a pain in the *** or expensive to replace everytime you get a new endorsement to update this thing.

From what I've read, things will be either stamped or stickered into the booklet... Lose the booklet, lose everything... :shock:

Just how easy it is to get airside at most of the small or regional airports we fly out of is scary. I won't say it here, but i think most of us know what the code is to those 5 pushbutton door knobs is at most airports... ;)

I always lock my doors and cargo compartments at the end of the day, and if the machine doesn't have locks, I empty it.