Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

R.i.p. Ati (cytz)

ATI (Airline Training International) - one of the bigger flight schools in Canada that is based out of CYTZ has apparently gone bankrupt. :(

I got a call from my instructor last week telling me so.

I started my training there back in '94 and have been an on and off renter there ever since.

I have not been current for a few months, but had planned on getting a check ride this month...

I guess I'll need to look elsewhere to rent now. :down:

I really liked the nice new aircraft ATI had.

They had a fleet of 8 new 172Rs and 2 DA20-C1 (katana eclipse)

Anyone have opinions about Island air (the other school at CYTZ) or Toronto Airways (located at Buttonville)?

I want to find another place near Toronto with good aircraft and online booking.

yeah, I know about Brampton... I think I like larger controlled airports better - especially with the amount of traffic they get there - I've seen the circuit there cramed full with 5+ aircraft, and half of them are solo students :huh:

- it's ok to visit, but I don't think I would want it to be my "base" airport.... :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...
I really liked the nice new aircraft ATI had. They had a fleet of 8 new 172Rs and 2 DA20-C1 (katana eclipse).

Perhaps that's why they went bankrupt. It's hard for a school equipped with new airplanes to compete with schools operating older aircraft. Most students figure out pretty quickly that while a new Cessna may look nicer, they can learn just as quickly on a 30-year-old 172.

Too bad ... we need more purchases of new light airplanes.