Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Looking at some of the posts lately I thought it was a good time to ask people about some of the experiences they have had with different employers.

(A quick word of caution here. Be very careful you do not LIBEL anybody). :blink:

Here are two examples, neither of which happened in Canada.

The best employer I ever worked for was a guy who ended up in jail for de-frauding the banks of several million dollars over some helicopter deals.

Thing is, this fellow gave me a chance and got me into the industry when I was a 100 hour wonder. He always paid top dollar (even when I was learning), and up to the day the cops dragged him away he always paid his pilots on time. A real gentleman.

Another employer of mine also ended up in jail (I know, gave me a complex for a while) This owner owed me several thousand dollars - a goodly sum 20 years ago -and gave me a rubber check when I left to take a job that actually paid real money.

I put the lawyers on to him only to find out a week or two later he had been arrested for murder over a drug deal. You can bet that I cut my loses and ran on that one.

Anyway, my point is there are good, there are bad, and there are indifferent, but someone always ends up working for them.