Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Newfoundland Air Force Rescue

Funny story ..... we had a Chicago motorcyclist stranded in western Nfld at Hawkes Bay recently.

Ted Marshall had just ridden the Trans Labrador from Baie Comeau to Nfld and busted his front tube and a finger when his bike lowsided at speed. He posted an SOS for a new tube at 3pm on Sunday on the internet.

( The locals could not find him any new or used between St Anthony and Corner Brook. )

Our solution arrived at 11am Monday morning. . . . . I think he's still in shock.

A big thanks to Darren Barrett at Universal in Pasadena for the cavalry charge.

" I had a singular experience last 2 weeks. Thanks to Tree/Radar & The Newfoundland Air Force. Yes, there is a Newfoundland Air Force. Due to a catastrophic tube failure at speed on the great northern peninsula, I was hurt and stranded near Hawke's Bay. A biff at 50 mph on the asphalt will do that. The tube was un repairable and there wasn't one available on a Sunday or the next day within 100 miles. Tree saw my SOS on RideTheRock.com and crafted a cool plan. Radar drove to Cornerbrook and got me a 21 incher for my KTM 640's front tire. Handed it to one of his crack pilots at his hangar in Pasadena and had the Jet Ranger detour on its way to Goose Bay to the parking lot across from The Torrent River Inn. Air delivery ! Wouldn't take my money !

I have enjoyed Newfoundland generosity before, but this beats all.

As Tree said: "my best breakdowns are always in Newfoundland."

• 1 month later...