Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Forums on "www.canadianaviation.com" DOWN???

Well that SUCKS!

there needs to be some sort of notice up on the main page explaining it...

There should also be a banner to devert the traffic over here...

That forum was pretty active, and this one seems to still need better marketing

- not many active membes so far... 

I am not too sure what is going on at CanadianAviation.com - I did talk to the publisher at Annex last week offering assistance and it was noted that it was not really their interest to have 'general aviation' discussions. So I am really unsure what will happen in the future.

As for marketing this site, it is coming soon. We have already started to contacted businesses and I would say we are doing fine. We were just short of 3 million hits for April, up about 1/2 a million from March. For only our second month, I think this is quite good - considering CanadianAviation.com only got about 3 million per month.

If you want to assist spreading the word, go here and print of this page and post in at your company or your local flying club. Every bit helps.

http://www.caaviation.com/downloads/caaviation_intro.pdf

Cheers!

Yeah - I'll print that PDF and get it posted afew places.

The thing about Canadian Aviation's forums, was that regardless of the amount of "hits" the site was getting, the forums were very active...

Anyway - I am interested in "one stop shopping" for my forum use. 

I am active on about five forums - Aviation is my main focues, but I also have a film industry forum (thats what I do for flying money), a drumming forum, a fishing forum, one specific to my make and model of car, and one for my favorite video game.

there is no time for mutiple forums about the same topics...

So hopefully this one will become the dominant aviation forum for Canadians, and the old faces from the other forum will show up here...

How many registerd members are there so far?

----------------

On 5/6/2003 10:01:02 PM Kyle wrote:

I am not too sure what is going on at CanadianAviation.com - I did talk to the publisher at Annex last week offering assistance and it was noted that it was not really their interest to have ''general aviation'' discussions.

----------------

No great surprise. That''s why I have never purchased a copy of Wings magazine: it doesn''t cater to recreational flyers. Their focus is on the commercial aviation industry (usually "north of 60"), which is of little interest to me.

As the aviation industry continues to shrink (which I''m not happy about, but that''s what''s happening), perhaps they will have to rethink their emphasis.

Kyle

----------------

On 5/6/2003 10:01:02 PM Kyle wrote:

I am not too sure what is going on at CanadianAviation.com - I did talk to the publisher at Annex last week offering assistance and it was noted that it was not really their interest to have 'general aviation' discussions.

----------------

There are quite a lot of threads with great interest in that forum. Security, company behavior, training and financing info, buying advice of pilots supplies and so on. 

If they are no longer interested in that forum, may be Kyle could get the threads from them, choose the most interesting ones, and find a way of posting them here 

I know it looks like a crazy idea but I need to buy a helmet and a few other things and I would be very happy to have the comments of fellow pilots available

RP, have you tried the applicable forums here? There are parallels to most of the Cdn Avn ones, and most, if not all, of the participants are active here. Why not just ask your question(s) on the applicable forum (Helicopter Operations?). The ''old'' one has been off line for a couple of weeks, at least, and I doubt they''re very interested in helping out the competitor that brought about their demise. I''ve got an old helmet with a swastika and ''SS'' on the side. Would that be any good?

Downwash

I know everybody is active in this forum. What I was trying to do with my suggestion was to avoid the annoying duplication of very old and well known threads. I printed and kept many of those threads but I failed to print the buying advices because I wasn’t interested at the time.

I know just about any website with pilot supplies and companies that manufacture aviation related equipment but, sometimes, an unbiased opinion of a fellow pilot is priceless and helps to avoid costly mistakes.

About your kind offer I don’t think it will do, as I am looking for something else rather different without any signs at all on it.

Thanks for your kind offer anyway  1.gif