Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

KML files for National and Provincial Parks on Foreflight.

I've been playing around with Forflight, wanting to superimpose National and Provincial Parks in a clearer way on the VFR Charts.  I was able to find a link for National Parks, so I thought I would share this. I'll throw in a bit of a tutorial as well.  

https://hub.arcgis.com/datasets/dd8cd91871534c9aa34310eed84fe076/explore

Once you open the link (on your iPad/iPhone):

-Click on "Menu"

-Click on "download"

-Click on "download options" under KML

-Click on "Generate new download with latest data)

-Then (once it is downloaded) find your "Files" app on your device

-Click on "recents"

-Find the file (it should be the most recent, but it starts with National_P)

-Then click the "forward button" (a square with an arrow pointing up) on the bottom left of your screen.

-Find the Foreflight logo in the bottom row of options (you may have to click on "more" to find it, then click on it.

-You will come to a "Custom Content " option.  Click on that.

-You then come to a "Custom Map Layers" option, click on that.

-It should now be imported, then click on "show on map", and you should have a red outline on all the National Parks on your App (instead of the 'hardly visible lines already on the charts) 😜.   

Now, if anyone can find KML files for the Provincial Parks I would be most grateful.  I've searched for some time and I didn't run across any links that would provide me with this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1