Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Pilot Schools?

shetechnic

hello gentleman and ladies!

Just wondering if anyone knows if there is a school that would take you from your private license all the way up to helicopter pilot??

I am interested in which schools are the best and would prefer to enroll with a school that does the whole shiiiii-bang! ya know.

If anyone has a clue if there is any such school that does this ....it would be greatly appreciated!

thank you.

Good Day All

I am looking for some feedback on National Helicopter in Toronto as well as Canadain.

I know there is a few more here in Ontario but these two seem to be a little bigger than some of the others, and they are the closet to home.

Dave

shetechnic:

You're in luck! Unlike in the USA one doesn't need a private license before getting their commercial heli pilot's license. Any school will get you your commercial license. :up:

As for pointing ya towards a good one, we all have different opinions. For what it's worth you could do worse than starting the search on the west coast and interior of BC. ;)

shetechnic:

You're in luck! Unlike in the USA one doesn't need a private license before getting their commercial heli pilot's license. Any school will get you your commercial license. :up:

As for pointing ya towards a good one, we all have different opinions. For what it's worth you could do worse than starting the search on the west coast and interior of BC. ;)

So I can go straight into heli training! right off the street! Nice!

would you recommend being AME qualified as well? as I am a mechanic right now.... but need to do my apprentice logbook in the civilian world and also do the exams