Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Best Helicopter & Fixed Wing Maintenance Programme

heliwill

We are a small company operating 3 AS350's, and 3 fixed wing aircraft consisting of 1 Piper Navajo, 1 x Cessna 421 Golden Eagle, and 1 x Beech King Air 200. We are after a maintenance programme for tracking upcoming maintenance issues and to manage spare parts, work requests etc. Can anyone recommend a good computer based maintenance programme that would suit this sort of operation?

We are a small company operating 3 AS350's, and 3 fixed wing aircraft consisting of 1 Piper Navajo, 1 x Cessna 421 Golden Eagle, and 1 x Beech King Air 200. We are after a maintenance programme for tracking upcoming maintenance issues and to manage spare parts, work requests etc. Can anyone recommend a good computer based maintenance programme that would suit this sort of operation?

We use Aircraft Maintenance Manager and Inventory Manager softwares, from Aircraft Maintenance Systems. so far, no problem with that.

http://www.aircraftms.com/

:punk:

I just took a week-long course on the Swedish SaSiMS system. Extremly complex, will do everything including tracking all your flight crew time , parts inventories and even make toast ;) Probably too much $$$$ for your size of operation but appears to have everything any AMO or operator would require.

Biggest problem I saw was the importation of exisiting records/component histories etc- that part didn't seem to be all that user friendly.

It was created by a helicopter engineer however and will record such helicopter specific data as RINS

It's also what amazed me in AMS program: You can create whatever cycle you want, starting from log-book entries !

Suppose Turbomeca decides to create a new cycle (call it Nx) on Arriel/Astar: Nx = (NG x 0.75) + NP/landings........ and so on. You can create it easily by using a calculator-like interface. Done in a matter of seconds, and you can modify it as easily!

No more use of heavy Excel programs to calculate your RINs. :D

I like it, and I can't wait for the next exotic cycle !!! :prop: :prop: