Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Global

:up:

To: CHC staff worldwide

Date: July 02, 2004

My fellow employees,

As I communicated on June 7, we have embarked upon a thorough examination and evaluation of our organizational structure and operations with a view to strengthening the Company and securing our leadership position well into the future.

I have now received recommendations from a task force of 20 representative managers and Divisional Presidents from throughout the group. After discussion with CHC’s Board of Directors, we have adopted the following principles:

1. CHC will ensure consistent standards of safety and service for all customers around the world. These standards shall be the highest in the industry.

2. CHC will improve efficiency and further enhance consistency by eliminating duplication wherever practical.

Our vision at CHC is to focus not only on operations, but also on global support and logistics.

As a result, we are proposing to create a new reporting structure consisting of three operational divisions to manage the whole company:

CHC Global Support – to be located in Vancouver, this group will provide aircraft management and logistics support to all CHC operations and also to third-party civilian and military helicopter operators around the world. This group will build upon the great strength of Astec Helicopter Services in Europe and apply Astec’s winning formula to North America and the rest of the world.

CHC Global Operations – to help ensure consistency in safety and to ensure the delivery of the highest standards of operations around the world, CHC will create one global operating unit to support flight operations in all locations outside Europe. This group will be located in Vancouver.

CHC Europe – Continuing on the successful path set out last year with the creation of one European operating unit, CHC Europe will oversee all flight operations in the North Sea, Irish coast and throughout Europe.

The implementation of the proposed reporting structure will be made in accordance with local laws, regulations and agreements and will comply with the terms of our various operating licenses.

To help move forward with this vision, I have asked our President, Sylvain Allard, to relocate to Vancouver to further develop the proposed structure and prepare the necessary steps for implementation. Several key functions from the St. John’s office, including the financial functions, will also shift to Vancouver by the end of the year. This will create redundancies of approximately 20 positions in St. John’s. However, no one in these positions will be affected by this change for the next six months.

In addition, I am pleased to announce the following key appointments:

1. Mr. Neil Calvert has accepted the role as President, CHC Global Support effective upon the implementation of the new structure. Neil has served the company for 23 years, and was instrumental in building a strong European division. Now Neil has taken on his biggest challenge to date with the Global Support Group. Neil will continue in his current role of Managing Director for Europe until his replacement is announced soon after October 01, 2004.

2. Ms Christine Baird has accepted the role as President of CHC Global Operations, effective upon the implementation of the new structure. Christine has been with the company for 21 years. For the last 6 years, as President of CHC Helicopters International, she has led her team through a period of exponential growth, strategically positioning CHC to become the preferred provider in South East Asia, the Middle East and South America. Christine’s strengths will enable CHC Global Operations to meet the many new and exciting challenges ahead.

I firmly believe that with this proposed structure in place, CHC has an opportunity to surge ahead of its competitors, and to build a truly global helicopter services company that offers customers greater value and higher quality service than any company before it. We have a unique opportunity to expand our customer base and go after new work in the civilian and non-civilian arenas. We have an opportunity to build on a fantastic international success story. What excites me most is that we are just beginning - we are at stage one.

This is my vision, a vision shared by our representative managers, senior managers and Board of Directors. Now we need all of you to help make it a reality. We are now looking for input to take this to the next level.

Please note that all current reporting lines within the organization remain unchanged and before any final decisions are made, we will embark upon a process of consultation with the various Works Councils, Unions and employee organizations in an open and frank manner.

I am confident we will take the steps necessary to build and strengthen a truly great company. At CHC, we are a group of the best and brightest in the industry. By creating a structure that enables us to operate as a team, we will maximize opportunities for employees and provide a truly unbeatable level of service to our customers.

Sincerely,

Craig L. Dobbin, O.C.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

CHC Helicopter Corporation

http://www.chc.ca/magazine.php

DecuMajor, I've been on the receiving end of management by CHC-E, CHL, CHC-Intl, CHC-Africa, and now CHC-Schreiner. You have by far the worst of it right now. CHC-Intl was the best. Given a choice (I know, no choice, we vote with our feet), this is the best of the possible outcomes. If Cape Town had gotten the nod, I'd be looking for work again.

This change has the potential for both good and bad fallout for us out here. Potential problems for some as they try to develop a universal pay and benefits scheme. Advantages as the opportunity to move around and get broader experience improves.