Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Of

Homer

3 Super Puma's

1 61

1 92 that will replace the 61 (When ever Sikorsky decides to bless us with its presence)

Schedule is 2 days on 1 off and you have to live in St John's

Flight hours as much as you want, but not less than 650 Hours per year and as much as 950 Hours

The pay is currently under review so No Comment

DJ61

Try 14 on & 7 off

S-92 supposed to be arriving in February......61 could be around a little longer

If you don't like strong winds and the occasional "Sticky Stuff" or flying in a "White Out " in July.....it's probably not for you, but if you want to know what it feels like to fly IFR in a helicopter.........then Cougar is the place to be!

I was wondering where the two days on - one off came from... I guess the "two and one" read on another thread was misunderstood. And they are allowing a few touring guys now, mainly from YHZ.

I've had a few friends roll through St. John's. Some enjoyed it, most didn't like the pace. It sounds like a busy spot and a great place to spend time if you want some real hard core IFR in a helicopter. It makes other IFR offshore bases look like Club Med.

The pay is gradually getting up there, but I don't think they'll ever get what they deserve, that is a nerve rattling job up there.

As for the 14 and 7... they usually get called in a few of the normal days off.

Busy spot.

PS: Hope that S92 is more water tight than the 76C+. Rain really plays havok with the electrics.

RH

Try 14 on & 7 off

S-92 supposed to be arriving in February......61 could be around a little longer

If you don't like strong winds and the occasional "Sticky Stuff" or flying in a "White Out " in July.....it's probably not for you, but if you want to know what it feels like to fly IFR in a helicopter.........then Cougar is the place to be!

Hey needles myself and your old engineer (wonderful pic in the gallery of us) are up here in you old stomping grounds, thinking you had it made now (warm temps good schedule), after reading this post maybe it's not so bad here!!

I'll catch up with you in three weeks, find ourselves at Tulsa's!!

Try 14 on & 7 off

Sounds AWWWFUL good unk! BUT seems that you forgot what real white out is,you need to get back on the 621 or d6 to sharpen your skills in co-ordination and maintaining a level machine.Oh by the way,job well done regarding SAR response.maxtorc mentioned it .The instr.is a good friend of mine,beers on me next time we cross paths.