Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Wow ! Bif Fine

I would still like to know the whole story here.

Some of you may not like what I am about to say however I am saying it using my real name and thereby willing to stand by my opinion.

I can understand that there could be reasons for trying to make money without being the holder of an OC.

I would have no problems making money without an OC for the simple reason I was denied an OC, even though I had complied with and was quite willing to continue to comply with the regulations..

So in my personal case after over fifty years of working within the rules and finding out that means zero to TC, why of course I would do what ever I had to to earn a living flying. And flying without an OC would be the least of my concerns.

If confronted by TC I will treat them with the same self protect reaction as if I were being confronted by any other common street crimminal, as long as their present management remains in power.

Chuck Ellsworth

:) Sorry Charles, can not agree with your logic. The rules are in place for a simple reason....public safety. If every operator out there (or wanna be) thumbs their noses at T.C. and CARS, I would hate to see or think what could happen. I feel there is absolutely no excuse for an operator not to be able to maintain an OC for some minor infractions. They new the rules when they signed up. I would also like to think that "chisel chartering" went out with the dinosaurs..... :huh:

Helilog...you said....

"I feel there is absolutely no excuse for an operator not to be able to maintain an OC for some minor infractions "

I do not believe you read my post clearly...I was refused an OC, their own findings in a very , very very costly investigation to you the taxpayer had only one finding...I was denied due process...

And please don't think that I am any risk to safety, I'll put my background, experience and qualifications up against anyone in this forum.

Go back and carefully read my comments...I stand by my statement, I will think nothing of flying without an OC to to earn money, in my own case I will do whatever it takes as long as I am abiding by the rules of safety, as I have all during my career.

You do not have to agree nor even understand, however that is the way it is for me.

P.S. :

Please bear in mind I am only stating my own position on this subject, I am not making a general statement adviseing anyone else to follow my example. Furthermore my opinion is very upfront and as far as I can see well within the rules of this forum...

Chuck

:) Chuck... absolutely no inference there. Due process is a right that we, under our Charter of Rights are required. Your right I, did miss that part of your post......my apologies. My point, that i did not very eloquently state, was more directed to the operator in the article that was fined for silly things like a compass? But as you pointed out there are always two sides to every story....Cheers, H56 :D

Thanks Helilog, your answer is much appreciated.

You obviously understand that I also detest crooked operators that have no regard for safety or their employees and customers...

...it is just that there has to be something more to that hundred thousand fine than the reletavively small issues listed...except of course the non compliance with an AD that is not defendable on any level, what I would like to know is why was the AD not complied with?

Rev. C.W.