Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

The Fate Of Cahepias

The forum that was part CAHEPIAS was overwhelmed with bogus members. After many days of finding two or three phoney new members, on two consecutive days there were more that 150 bogus registrations and as many bogus posts each day. It took more time than I could spare to clean the mess up and forum was removed.

In any event, the objective was to provide a voice for helicopter pilots primarily to comment on the proposed Flight and Duty Time Regulations. The issue was played out on this forum and CARAC produced a proposal for revision of the FDT regs, a version of which will eventually become the law. The result will hopefully be a considerably different new set of rules.

In spite of the protestations of the helicopter establishment, the world will not come to an end. I can only see the situation improving for all concerned, even the operators and especially the pilots.

The information that was the CAHEPIAS site is still available at http://www.ragingman.com/pilots/. Also available are the results of the survey I conducted on the sentiments of all concerned surrounding the FDT debate. By all accounts, this survey had an influence in the deliberations.

Any pilot or other person who has an interest in the revision of the FDT regs are urged to email the Minister of Transport or any other government official with their support.

Thanks for that Fred. As it has previously been determined, this industry is not even close to a maturity level that would allow the establishment of an association that could be an asset, to flight crews across Canada. As much as I believe in one, alas many do not.

I see merits in things like educational funding, medical, dental, life insurance and legal counsel too name a few.

Retirement is looming large these days....I see the light at the end of the tunnel....just hope I can make it there.....lol ??!!??!

• Like 1