Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Progressive Lenses

Zazu

On 12/1/2022 at 4:52 AM, BigSkyHeli said:

I have been wearing progressive daily contacts for 16 years, and have spent hundreds of hours wearing them doing VRLL.

When you first try them, be patient for the first week. I wore them everyday on my two weeks off before transitioning to flying with them. The reason for this was explained to me by my optometrist.  She said your brain needs some time initially to figure out transitioning from distance to close up and back again. She was correct, when first going from reading to looking up at something a fair distance away made me feel somewhat dizzy until the focus came in. That went away after approximately a week. To this day I don’t notice any delay transitioning from near to far.

The daily’s are great, no cleaning, no storage etc, put them in at the start of your day throw them away at night.

The daily’s also allow for the thinnest most comfortable lenses with a good amount of water content allowing for the most amount of oxygen to reach the eye. 

If you have  an astigmatism you may not be able to wear daily’s, and would have to go with lenses made specifically for you. 

Good luck.

geometry dash subzero

My vertigo caused me a lot of problems. Even though I'm not a pilot, I used to have problems with vertigo if I was gazing up and down in a rapid succession.