Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Enstrom Helicopters

67november

I disagree with the R22 statement. The R22 is going the way of the dodo as a commercial helicopter. It's used extensively as a training helicopter (which in itself leaves alot to debate), but is literally dissappearing from commercial applications.

The R44 is the up and coming helicopter for the new pilots to fly. Not having R22 time in my opinion is not going to hurt the new 100hr pilot looking for commercial work.

For those who are contemplating spending $$ on a commercial licence, I heartily recommend they acquire an R44 endorsement, no matter what type of helicopter they do the bulk of thier ab initio training on. That is the machine you are more likely to get your first few commercial hours in.

Just my humble $.02 worth.

cheers,

RTR

We offer training on both the RH22 and HU30 here. Most of our CPL(H) students train on the HU30 and about half of our PPL(H) students train on the RH22. Those who do train on the '22 are mostly people who plan to buy one after their training.

A popular option with our commercial students is to upgrade the remaining hours of their ab initio training to do the RH44 endorsement. This way they finish with say 90 hours on the '300 or '22 and about 10 hours on the '44.