Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ifr-night-atpl

hurler

I know I have posted this top before and have recieved many PM's containing inquiries on the subject.

For the most part, if there are any pilots who are thinking of an IFR rating and night + writting the ATPL exams there is moneys avialable through various HRDC programs for this additional training.

Depening on where you live the SET program or TSP program provide a vehicle for this.

In the next 5 years there will be and ever increaing shortage of IFR Rotary pilots in Canada. If you are a seasonal VFR pilot who gets laid off every fall and are getting tired of the same old routine and want to go back to school there is asssiatnce for this . Although the government won't for pay for the whole thing 80-85 % as well as the costs associated with living costs can be covered.

PM me and I can help point those interested in the right direction, as there are a few hoops to jump through.

The most important thing to consider when choosing a school is that it must not only be PSAC ( BC) registered but also ACCREDITED. As the funding rules change.

So that being said....

H ;)