Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Holding Fixtures

Guest Bullet Remington

Hey "MISTER" louie..

Of the two gentelmen that you referred to above, one is completely out of the industry and the other is now molding the minds of young hopefulls at BCIT...

Bullet, as you know, your success will depend on who you are dealing with at TC.. hopefully your new guy will let you get on with doing what everyone has done successfully for years..

Cheers..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Twotter,

Tell me old chocklit belly ain''t working for bcit..........dere''s no hope...

sorry for the "mister" but I tangled up my log in thing...

you been quiet lately...cat got yere tongue..or the wife got the hold on ya...

take care ol feller..

Guest graunch1

Perhaps your next meeting with your PMI should include your lawyer if the PMI is like some of the new ones here in YYC.

Too bad that TC decided to get out of aviaiton, get into being the self-appointed cops and focus on hiring those that know nothing, have very poor reputations in industry and generaly think they are the only person stopping you from killing 1,000s of pax.

I will tell you all someday about the two TC inspectors that created a complete career for one''s brother so he could get a license.

At the Western AME symposium last week there is much talk about forming an AMO association to give a stronger voice without fear of retribution

Glad to finally get back on line with name I know since Canadian aviation went for a crapper and tossed me off.

Guest Bullet Remington

Hey Graunch1:

Good to hear from ya again, where ya been??

Still drivin that sissy truck with the wonky plate??

I am dealing with YYC office! The previous PMI handed, or was encouraged to hand, this issue over to another PMI. I''m not sure, but I do believe the current PMI is a newbie. At this juncture it appears he''s much easier to deal with, than the old one!! Only time will tell, though. Could be I''ve made them feel a little uncomfortable with contacting the District office as well as YOW.

I have a fairly good idea to whom you are refering to, in your post. Can''t be any worst than one other Inspector who used his position to browbeat people he felt were "not nice" to his sons!!

Heard the latter was still working on the South side, for a local company there. Not hard to notice him, his hair colouring gives him away!

I did briefly drop in to visit, the annual gap and grap. I was working so didn''t have much time to glad hand with anybody. I must say, I am most interested in an AMO association, though. Might be the cat''s meow!

Keep yer stick on the ice. Might get a chance to run into you, sometime.

Ya know if these silly question's that you keep presenting to Tc were regarding making serious money or trying to make ends meet they would not sound so anal or maybe someone would take it serious...if you try to present yourselves as serious business people you would not have these stumbling blocks.

lets get real here, bullet you're tying to bamboosel tc with bs cause you may have built or patched a few wings in your day "after the Navy"and now you tell tc they have no clue how to proceed cause they may not agree with you.. chuckie pretends he is the bruce willis of canadian aviation and he deserves an automatic medal of honor and carte blanche to do whatever, with a buck 150...oh and btw he "doesn't need an ame lic cause he already knows how to wrench", as per a previous comment of his..good grief I pity his pmi!!

get real ..I've run a successfull amo's for years,with TC blessing's in several locations and walked away with enough coin to laugh at your fopas..

bottom line do what they ask, be honest, work 24/7, be there to sell that litre of oil sunday morning! be on call all the time, don't aggrevate TC unnessarily, and, maybe, just maybe, you will be able to sleep at night...

sorry can't help myself 3.gif

Guest graunch1

Hi Bullett I''ve been keeping the nose to the grindstone imparting knowledge to the unenlightened. Also I did not know that this board was up and running since the other one went south. Haven''t had a pick-em-up for a number of years (sacrilidge in YYC I know)

The one TC guy should have had a sign on his door with NO instead of his name. He retired out to BC along with his sparky buddy. Mr. hair colour is still S side.

The AMO association idea is well overdue but requires a buy-in by the companies and at the moment there are to many wanna-be''s in the wings wishing to be the LEADER

Guest Bullet Remington

G1 - Well I''ll be danged (Don''t wanna get bleeped!) Somebody''s been drivin a pick up around YYC with your name on the plate! With a good loking lady to boot! Guess you''re not as lucky as I thought!

Yipe - gonna take a two ton tow truck to get "matching hair, matching shoes" outa there! He''ll hang on for ever. Still in good shape, given his age!

I can certainly relate to the AMO association scenario. Seem s everytime a viable idea is bantered about, all the Wannabes end up stalling it until the whole matter bleeds to death from the shot in the foot!

I''ll sit back, garner some info and see what happens before I jump into the fire!

Guest Bullet Remington

Louie: Getting a little bored are you?

Lookit, if yer gonna have a kicking contest, at least kick with the facts o.k?

Firstly, I was NEVER in the NAVY! I served a couple of tours on a ship, but weren''t a hairy! The navy hasn''t had air trades since Hellier frigged up the military!  I was a Zoomie!

As for your advise, WHAAA?? First ya tell me ya can''t se TC turning me down, then you have the audasity to dish out unsolicited business advise. Geez, thanks!

Personally, I can wait until the cows come home before TC approves the AMO. I''m in a position that I don''t have to rely on TC''s approval to continue MY business. And that Louie is the Prime factor. It is my business not TC''s. I have adhered to the requirements of CARs, AND I have NO intention of adhereing to the dictates of anybody or anything else. If I could do the work required on my own machines (specialized) without an AMO, I would do so. However, since these machines were purchasedoutside of Canada, and have to be put back to manufacturer''s specs, prior to obtaining a flight authorization, I need an AMO. Now I could farm the work out, but given the magnitude of the work involved. I''d just make another mechanic Flat, fat and happy, while cutting into my profits. Definitely, not a good business practise

As for "being there on Saturday or Sunday, to hand out a litre of oil" surely you jest! I am not interested in small private aircraft, nor their owners. If one comes in the door, fine. If that doesn''t happen, great! Not that I''m not into the 5 and 10 game. I am, except my game is 50k and 100k

As for your statement of me "bamboozling TC" Get real! I ws licensed engineer before I joined the mil with both B and R licenses. I joined the mil for two reasons, I wanted somebody else to pay for my degrees and I wanted an easy pension. I achieved both and I thank you! (Keep paying your taxes

I never just "do what they ask", Blind faith in anything or anybody will get you killed, broke, or both. And I never have a problem sleeping at any time, not even at night!

But, hey, thanks for the advise

Now do us a favour will ya? See a doctor about those freakin mood swings and fer God''s sake, bye, don''t stop taking the Midol

bullit me ol trout

I''ll accept your rant as a frustrated newf who needs a feed o fish and brewis but in the world of business it starts with the 5 and 10 and then the sky''s the limit not a low ball 50 -100..now if you just want an amo to play with , well that''s another kettle of fish.. oh and don''t thank me, my opinion is always available

louie old boy

I hate to say but I must report that the afore mentioned "belly" man is in fact the one moulding the minds of our new apprentices..

Kinda makes you wonder what they are thinking at BCIT

On another note.. Easy on Bullet and Chucky... They are both good guys just doing their thing..

Anyhow, keep on being yourself but remember the rest of us are a whole lot like ya too.. Have an ice cold Keiths

and let me know how them V8''s are doing..

Cheers..