Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Toronto Crashes

Twotter I just saw the accidents on the news and one was an engine stoppage and the other was a failure to gain altitude. The guy who put the PA28 into the drink did a fantastic job, not too much damage. Can't say the same for the 172 from Toronto Airways but atleast nobody was killed in either accident.

I was flying from YHM to YOO yesterday afternoon and saw a bouy in the water near YTZ but never really thought much about it. Now that explains why it was there. As for the Toronto Airways 172 it came down on the lawn of the IBM building. It was a very warm and humid day around YYZ yesterday and it sounds like she had a full load on.

The Cherokee is pretty good at fending off carb ice but the Cessna is another story. A hot,humid day like it was it's always a good idea to clear the engine just before take-off. The 182 that I used to fly skydivers with was a bear for picking up carb ice whereas my Cherokee has never been a problem. First things first, if you suspect ice get that heat on ASAP!