Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Inhouse Training

Heli500

If you get trained inhouse, have ACA on aircraft, when you leave and go to different company should that not be as good as an endorsment. The Company doing the training has to have had the course aproved by transport to be able to give it to its employees ACA. I know there are a few companies giving in house MD500 and Bell206 endorsements. Does anyone know if anyone has taken it from one company to the next? If so how did they do it?

If you get trained inhouse, have ACA on aircraft, when you leave and go to different company should that not be as good as an endorsment. The Company doing the training has to have had the course aproved by transport to be able to give it to its employees ACA. I know there are a few companies giving in house MD500 and Bell206 endorsements. Does anyone know if anyone has taken it from one company to the next? If so how did they do it?

We are dealing with this issue right now. You can "take it with you" if you get TC approval. We had to submit all our training syllabus, exam and certificates and then got a one-time approval letter. In this case it wasn't a TC approved course. It was a factory Honeywell LTS-101 "familiarization course" that we needed to ask for a separate exam for after the fact.

Not sure how it would work for an in-house course but seeing as that IS TC approved that might make things easier.....maybe.

Talk to Dave Declue at TC Pacific Region, He is a huge help.

I took an in-house TC approved 205 training course under the old licensing system and was given all the medium endorsements. Later when we switched to the M1 M2 system I was given a historical document from TC the lists all my endorsements prior to the change. That’s what I give my employers along with my training certificates to support their ACA issuance.

Now you would have to take your training certificates to the new employer and see if it satisfies their MPM/MCM for ACA issuance. Transport effectively has nothing to do with you getting ACA at a company other that approving the companies MPM/MCM.

The Director of Maintenance will decide if you meet the criteria for ACA. Personally I liked the old endorsement system far better. At least you knew exactly what you could certify.

Currently there is no "endorsement" just M1 and M2. Endorsments were used prior to 1999.

As I understand it, in-house training is approved by TC based on the company in-house training QA manual. The company does not have to have to be an approved training organisation (ATO) to do this. As such, there is no TC approval number issued for the course. In order to have a course that can be taken to another AMO it must have a TC approval number, which makes it acceptable to all. The company giving the course must be a TC ATO and the course must be TC approved with a TC approval number issued.

That's my take on it, right or wrong. Best to check with TC for final ruling.

Take care

47G