Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Looking For Feed Back

D3V1L6

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into the possibility of a career as a swing wing pilot. Right now I'm doing some research into various training centres, having found lots of information and reviews about the main operators in mainland BC and in Calgary. I am however having trouble finding any information regarding E-Z air in Edmonton, other than what is posted on their website. Honestly the only reason I have for looking at this school is the fact that I live 10 mins away from YXD, so it would be convenient.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hey all,

I'm currently looking into the possibility of a career as a swing wing pilot. Right now I'm doing some research into various training centres, having found lots of information and reviews about the main operators in mainland BC and in Calgary. I am however having trouble finding any information regarding E-Z air in Edmonton, other than what is posted on their website. Honestly the only reason I have for looking at this school is the fact that I live 10 mins away from YXD, so it would be convenient.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I think your first step should be to pay them a visit, especially since they're so close to you...

"I think your first step should be to pay them a visit, especially since they're so close to you..."

I kind of anticipated that answer, I guess I should have posted my current situation. My current employment has me pounding the ground in Afghanistan for the next several months. Must mention that I did make a brief visit a while ago, but didn't know what questions to ask or what to look for. As much value as there is in visiting the operator, I believe there is also much info to be gained in talking to former students.

I guess I should have posted my current situation. My current employment has me pounding the ground in Afghanistan for the next several months.

Although I know nothing about the school in question. It sounds like you are in the military so I DO want to thank you for your service to our country.

This is a good place to ask questions. Remember, for the most part, we are a salty bunch of pr#*ks with a stupid sense of humour. But if you hang in long enough, you will get the info you need....

just ask Cole... :up:

412driver

This could be a dumb question, but have you considered the military flying route?

The only stupid questions are the ones left not asked.

I considered the air force a long time ago, but my dreams of being a pilot were crushed when i got my first pair of glasses at 12. I never really lost my interest in aviation, got my glider licence at 16 and ppl at 17, applied to the air force as an aerospace control operator at 19 and got shut down cause I had one eye that was just below the requirements to get in. I got suckered into my current army job with a line that goes something like this "You really wanted that trade eh? well heres my advice, join the army as a rad op, its the same thing, but on the ground".... And so I did, and never really looked back on the world of flying.

I've since had laser eye surgery, but as most know, the CAF doesn't yet accept any form of corrective surgeries. On top of that, I don't think that four years of University would make me a better pilot.... probably a somewhat stubborn and ignorant opinion, but an opinion none the less.

Although I know nothing about the school in question. It sounds like you are in the military so I DO want to thank you for your service to our country.

This is a good place to ask questions. Remember, for the most part, we are a salty bunch of pr#*ks with a stupid sense of humour. But if you hang in long enough, you will get the info you need....

just ask Cole... :up:

412driver

Thanks for the Warning 412. I figure its probably a lot like us boys in green, I think i'll do just fine.

As for the school, yeah, no one has been able to cough any info up so far. I'm slowly starting to narrow my list down, but I won't be able to do that fairly until I get back home and start making the rounds.

remember, alot has to do with the instructor rather than just the school. although you can get good training in the flats, learning in the mountains IMHO is so much better.

there are a couple of great instructors and schools in the lower mainland (BC) that i would recommend but the best thing is to visit the schools personally. spend time there, literally hang out for a morning or afternoon. a good school will make you feel right at home and comfortable.

my 10 pesos worth.........

Ezra the owner is a straight shooter and has been around for a number of years. Did recurrent training with him years ago and found him very professional and all of the autos were full on to the ground.

Also know that he has hired his own students and a few companies knock on his door looking for new guys.

:punk: