Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

430 Job At National

Anybody know anything about this job. Seems that they are having trouble keeping a pilot on it.

Happydude- I heard a few months ago that they were offering a 2500 hr VFR guy the position and it paid about 60k. Given the current rates that are being paid in the corporate world I'd say that's why there is alot of turnover. I know a few corporate drivers that are getting well over 100k. Perhaps they'd pay more for an uber-qualified person with experience on type? Course maybe I rec'd bad info...

My understanding is executive shuttle work around the GTA, etc. Not being operated commercially I believe.

Happydude- I heard a few months ago that they were offering a 2500 hr VFR guy the position and it paid about 60k. Given the current rates that are being paid in the corporate world I'd say that's why there is alot of turnover. I know a few corporate drivers that are getting well over 100k. Perhaps they'd pay more for an uber-qualified person with experience on type? Course maybe I rec'd bad info...

My understanding is executive shuttle work around the GTA, etc. Not being operated commercially I believe.

You have received some good info and some bad :rolleyes:

To clarify

60k - incorrect

Pay based on experience and qualifications - correct

Single client executive - correct

high turnover - incorrect

We have not had "a lot" of turnover, rather the position has been filled, for the most part, by our own qualified pilots on a rotational basis. This however has become problematic as we hit the busy season and free time from regular duties is lessened.

This position has been posted on and off because there has not been a high demand for a new hire.

With our pilots being busy and the increased operational time for this position, it is time to find this bird a permanant pilot!

I hope this answers your questions. Like I said in the job posting, if you have questions, feel free to drop me a line anytime.

WW

I tell you what...

If all they're paying is $60K, I'm sure not going to leave the VFR world making a helluva lot more!

Seems like a bit of a joke. :down:

LOL

I guess one can spell it out for all to see and we still hear how someone heard from someone who heard from someone :lol:

To those who have contacted me, I will be in touch soon and to those who are not interested, fly safe!

Tha tha thats all folks..........

WW