Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lost Friends

Helilog56,

I understand your feelings this morning, this has been an incredibly hard year. As a matter of fact it's extra hard on me this morning. To read the posts as if it were just a news story, some unknown face, some unknown family.

We in this industry all know the risks, we accept them. Those risks do seem so much more real when a news story brings up our own memories, the laugh, the stories, the lessons.

Overwelming some times, but I guess we can only hold dear the memories.

Rob

MX Trainer, I couldn't agree more. I just wanted to add that, the written word on a forum such as this loses some of its emotion as the writer intends strictly because his emotions cannot be sensed through the letters on the page. I'm sure that nobody who has posted on these recent tragedies intended to sound disrespectful, but their words sound that way because of loss, anger and frustration, the feelings we all have when we get such bad news.

Peace to all our fallen comrades, and condolences to those they leave behind.

I have come to an "impasse"......to many friends lost, to many heartaches.

There is a "huge", lack of respect shown here (on this site).

For every person (comrade/pilot/engineer/suporrt), that "ever", crossed paths with us, for every person that "ever", made an impression or an impact in our lives (no matter how big or small).....where has "it" (the respect), gone???????

This is a small fraternity......the fallen, support their families working in this industry.

I am disgusted with the lack of respect shown here.

Not a slam to Vertical....just the "********", that are now part of this industry.

Helilog56/Bob Kellie

Hey Bob,

It doesn't get any easier. Remember your friends and colleagues fondly, and vocally; this is how they live forever. That the unwashed cannot appreciate their loss should not concern you, but make you stronger.

Brad

Hey Bob,

It doesn't get any easier. Remember your friends and colleagues fondly, and vocally; this is how they live forever. That the unwashed cannot appreciate their loss should not concern you, but make you stronger.

Brad

Amen to that Brad.....very well said, thanks.

Cheers to good friends....present and past.

Bob