Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helicopter Engineer Flight Pay

arctic_front

just a general question on how your particular company determines how and when you get flight pay. my company will only pay the flight pay while you are physically on the REMOTE base working on the machine. all revenue flying done without an engineer on-site pays nothing. any flying out of our main base pays nothing. hundreds and hundreds of hours of revenue flying are flown without ANY flight pay being paid to anyone. is this a common thing? let me know what you have to say. thanks.

I wish!...we get a barely average salery, but they pay $20/hr for 206, $30/hr for 350, $50/hr for 205, it all sounds good, but there are too few engineers so we are shuffled from base to base doing inspections, and we all know they don't fly during an inspection, while apprentices sit on the bases. so in fact they could be paying $1000/hr but if you aren't there, you don't get paid. BTW, the apprentices only get $8/hr. The real explanation is that its a great formula for the company to make more money, while the engineers get the shaft. Not a bad deal for the apprentices tho....

so anybody have a better formula where you work?.....we are trying to put together a system and present it to the boss.

I pay my engineer $10 to $15 per flight hour depending on experience (rev and non rev, excluding unused mins). They get that amount on every a/c in the fleet regardless of where the A/C are working. They will be doing the maintenance on the a/c when they need it so why should it matter what and who's where??? That hourly is for the whole fleet by the way, and we havent flown less than 2000 hrs a year so far! (monthly and bush pay etc is on top of the fleet pay of course!)

I'm looking for a full time engineer by the way, if you know anybody that's looking. :D

• 3 months later...