Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Laser Eye Overhaul

A question...

The Lasik operations that the forum contributors have had, are they for short near-sightedness or far-sightedness, and can it be done for the dreaded old person condition, "my arms are getting too short and I need reading glasses now"? B)

Yes, but you have to have cateracts...

When they operate for cateracts, they can at the same time correct your vision and insert reading lenses, sorta like permanent bifocals. As far as I know, they only offer this for people being operated for cateracts, and I don't know what TC's take is on this procedure (having permanent reading lenses inserted under the cornea)...

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of right now, implantable contacts are not approved by Transport Canada. They offer a similar result as laser but it can be reversed. It's still surgery so all the same dangers exist.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Cam/questions.htm

I had my medical on Friday and after ONE month of being grounded, I'm back in the air. No Night flying for another 60 days.