Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As 350 Ba (sd1) Performance Questions

Here's an operating Cost comparison for The LTS 101-600A3A and Aeriel 1B: Operating_Cost_Comparison_600.pdf

I'm also pretty sure the 600A-3A will outperform the 1B at altitude.

Wow, Thanks for all the good information.

One final Question, Any ideas on operating cost in US$, CAD$??

Conklin & de Decker has the BA at $640 US per hour similar to a L3, Does that sound about right (know the fuel costs are highly variable at the moment)?

Any info on this front would be great

Thanks

Mixmaster

The honeywell will out perform the french engine all day, I was on sysmic in pink mountain in a SD1, the machine only had the single point hook so 1660 lbs max. 6 bags at 2000 ft and 6 bags at 7500 ft. no way a Ba would be able to do that. Also the fuel burn is excelent, had the bag runners bitching because they never got a break.

The goveners arn't as good as the ariel, but are as responsive as a C20. They do have a tendancy to leak oil, but a good engineer can keep that under control. If you don't keep the bleed band clean, expect to have a compressor stal at some point. I was able to "almost" keep up with a B2 at lower altitude but could out lift one at 7000+ ft. And the best part, the tail boom stays clean, way less carbon than a Ba. If I was running A-Stars, they would all have LTS 101s. Lower cost per hour, better fuel burn, better power High hot and heavy. Throw on a bucket in a DA on a +30 day and there's no need to sinch it up, and no need to spend your day pumpin fuel.

You might want to look into a super D2, those things are monster A-Sars, call Mark at Heli-products 604-465-5008, they build top of the line LTS 101 powered A-Stars.

rob

The honeywell will out perform the french engine all day, I was on sysmic in pink mountain in a SD1, the machine only had the single point hook so 1660 lbs max. 6 bags at 2000 ft and 6 bags at 7500 ft. no way a Ba would be able to do that. Also the fuel burn is excelent, had the bag runners bitching because they never got a break.

The goveners arn't as good as the ariel, but are as responsive as a C20. They do have a tendancy to leak oil, but a good engineer can keep that under control. If you don't keep the bleed band clean, expect to have a compressor stal at some point. I was able to "almost" keep up with a B2 at lower altitude but could out lift one at 7000+ ft. And the best part, the tail boom stays clean, way less carbon than a Ba. If I was running A-Stars, they would all have LTS 101s. Lower cost per hour, better fuel burn, better power High hot and heavy. Throw on a bucket in a DA on a +30 day and there's no need to sinch it up, and no need to spend your day pumpin fuel.

You might want to look into a super D2, those things are monster A-Sars, call Mark at Heli-products 604-465-5008, they build top of the line LTS 101 powered A-Stars.

rob

Carousel seismic.....yawwwwnnnnn. Who uses those for pick-up.......pfffff Seriously.

I remember a pilot from a central alberta company trying to keep up to a more powerful machine from another company, on the same job site. He's DEAD. Ran out of fuel.

Carousel seismic.....yawwwwnnnnn. Who uses those for pick-up.......pfffff Seriously.

That was a long time ago, we had an auto bag runner but it was still in R&D and would not work consistantly enough, the juggies also couldn't understand "not" to put the balls in a hole.

rob