Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Looking For Tent Stove Name

If you get a hold of one of the outfitters in Yellowknife that supply all the exploration camps, they should be able to give you brand names and models and prices.

I don't remember those guys names but B&B rings a bell and there's also an old outfit in "old town" but I forget the name.

Call the stores guy at Great Slave Helicopters and he should be able to steer you in the right direction. :D

They are called Yukon stoves, but are hard to find. I suspect they were banned by the Kyoto Accord.

For home I suggest you get a small generator......it will have alot more uses than a Yukon stove.

For the hangar I suggest you get a gasoline powered/diesel fired Aerotech Herman Nelson. It could heat the hangar when the power goes out, or be taken to the field for winter and/or maintenance jobs etc. etc.

Stay warm.

laminated -------- what we had eons ago were called 'space heaters' and that may/may not be what you are referring to. Who they were made by escapes me now, but I do know that they were made by one of the big heating manufacturers like GE, Carrier,etc. A check with some HACV outlets might lead you to what you want, if you can describe it to them. Barring that, you can do what I did. Keep your eyes open for some garage being torn down and find out where the heater went. Mine cost me $300 installed, hangs up in the corner out of the way and costs little to operate because it puts out enough heat that I don't have to have any kind of high heat setting at all.